Burst & Frozen Pipe Repair in Chicago, IL & the Surrounding Areas
In Northern Illinois, pipes can freeze and burst when the temperature goes below 32 degrees, and a frozen or burst pipe can quickly lead to expensive damage. However, we can help.
For more than 70 years, ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric has assisted homeowners in Chicago and surrounding areas. With NATE-certified plumbers, we provide same-day plumbing appointments and 24/7 emergency plumbing repair.
Frozen Pipe Repair
Freezing weather can cause water in your pipes to expand, blocking the line, and excessive pressure can burst the pipes. Whether you have steel, plastic, or copper piping, a single crack can release 250 gallons of water that damage your flooring, walls, and personal belongings.
With our frozen pipe repair service, we will arrive quickly, use professional pipe-thawing equipment, efficiently remove excess water, and dry your home.
Signs Your Pipes Might Be Frozen
Signs that you need a professional plumber include:
- Changes to your outside pipes: You see bulges, condensation, and frost on your outside pipes.
- Strange noises: You might hear clanging noise or a gurgling sound.
- Low water supply: If you have little to no water, ice is likely blocking the pipes.
Burst Pipe Repair Service
Burst pipes can release 10 gallons of water a minute and cause significant damage. However, contact us for efficient burst pipe repair service.
Our vehicles are fully packed, and most repairs only take a few hours, depending on the pipe’s location. Homes built before 1986 have lead or cast-iron pipes. For other materials, our plumbers might need to add a new section of pipe.
Piping materials include PVC, polypropylene, copper, galvanized steel, fiberglass, and cast iron. Hence, rates and repair times vary based on how many feet need repairing and the material.
Ways To Prevent Burst and Frozen Pipes
Preventative steps can prevent frozen or burst pipes include:
- Insulate your crawl space, attic, basement, and water supply lines
- Drain and remove your hose and sprinkler and drain your pool, but never add antifreeze, which is toxic to pets
- Let the sink drip slowly — close the inside valves but leave the outside ones open
- Shut the garage door
- Open the bathroom and kitchen cabinets, and remove toxic chemicals if you have children or pets
- When you are away, leave the thermostat at 55 degrees, and don’t lower the temperature in the evening
Choose ABC for Burst & Frozen Pipe Repair
Don’t risk a DIY fix, thawing your pipes, or ignoring them when the forecast changes. Call the plumbing experts.
ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric offers comprehensive services to Chicago homes. Contact us for leaky faucet, leaky pipe, sump pump, toilet, water heater, and trenchless sewer line repair.
Our guarantees include a no-nonsense parts and labor warranty, a customer service guarantee, and a no-surprises guarantee! We promise to always:
- Work around your busy schedule
- Perform thorough background checks and drug tests on all employees
- Provide a worry-free guarantee at no added cost
- Offer upfront, honest pricing by the job — not the hour
Can a burst pipe cause warped wood?
Is a blow dryer safe to thaw your pipes with?
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +