8 Electrical Safety Tips For Fall
As cold weather approaches and we spend more time indoors, now is a good time to ensure that your home’s electrical system is safe and working properly. Here are some electrical safety tips to consider:
1. Check outlets for loose plugs, which can overheat and cause a fire.
2. Test ground fault circuits (GFC) outlets to ensure they reset properly when pressing the test button.
3. If there are young children in the house, make sure unused outlets have safety covers installed.
5. If you are frequently reseting circuit breakers, call an electrician to inspect the circuit and upgrade the electrical panel if necessary.
6. Make sure electrical cords are in good condition. Never use tape to fix a damaged electrical cord, always replace the cord.
7. Test smoke detectors and CO detectors
8. Check the wattage of light bulbs to make sure they are the correct wattage for the size of the fixture.
Have questions about your home’s electrical system? Call ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric. We’re here to help.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Keith and his crew were top notch. Calm/cool, trustworthy, efficient, respectful, reliable, thorough, communicative and reassuring. And at the end of the day, quality work! For the bigger projects, I feel confident knowing we have a go-to service to call.”–
“ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric are fantastic. I recently used them to replace my sump pump, which had exploded! They were very friendly on the phone and Rick H., our technician was fantastic. He explained things thoroughly, we was efficient and very nice. Will definitely be using him and…”–
“On only a day's notice, Adam came very prepared. He knew immediately what was the issue in each case. He replaced one toilet and repaired another. The bathrooms were left in great order and very clean. I am looking forward to having more work done by Adam and ABC.”–
“ABC was reliable and professional. Mike G was our technician and was a pleasure to work with. Down to earth, no pressure and gave you a straight answer to what you needed. Felt like I got an honest appraisal and was given a great quote. Will be calling them back…”–
“You never know for sure what you'll get when you need a contractor in a pinch. I chose ABC Plumbing out of my 2017 Best Picks Report for contractors because ABC was their top choice. After working them, I will use them again and tell everyone who needs this kind…”–
“EXCELLENT and FAST service provided by ABC plumbing and superb work at our home provided by Tom Glaza. He fielded, diagnosed and fixed all electrical issues. Tom is knowledgeable, friendly, efficient and explains everything in detail to customer so you know what he is fixing and gives accurate up front…”–