8 Electrical Safety Tips For Fall
As cold weather approaches and we spend more time indoors, now is a good time to ensure that your home’s electrical system is safe and working properly. Here are some electrical safety tips to consider:
1. Check outlets for loose plugs, which can overheat and cause a fire.
2. Test ground fault circuits (GFC) outlets to ensure they reset properly when pressing the test button.
3. If there are young children in the house, make sure unused outlets have safety covers installed.
5. If you are frequently reseting circuit breakers, call an electrician to inspect the circuit and upgrade the electrical panel if necessary.
6. Make sure electrical cords are in good condition. Never use tape to fix a damaged electrical cord, always replace the cord.
7. Test smoke detectors and CO detectors
8. Check the wattage of light bulbs to make sure they are the correct wattage for the size of the fixture.
Have questions about your home’s electrical system? Call ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric. We’re here to help.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–