Heat Pump Installation & Replacement in Chicago
Heat pumps are an energy-efficient and cost-effective way of heating or cooling your home. Like everything, however, heat pumps don’t last forever. When you need heat pump replacement services in the Chicagoland area, you need ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric.
We offer exceptional customer service, and all our professionals are trained and experienced. We also ensure we background check our technicians so you have peace of mind when they arrive at your home. We price by the project, not by the hour, and we guarantee our services. That means we’ll work efficiently to ensure your job is done correctly.
Signs You Need To Replace Your Heat Pump
Generally speaking, we advocate repairing your heat pump whenever possible. Eventually, your heat pump will need to be replaced. Here are some common signs that it’s time to consider heat pump replacement:
- You need more frequent repairs
- The repairs are becoming more costly
- Your heat pump is more than 10 years old
- The heat pump has become noisy
- It’s difficult to keep your home comfortable
If you notice any of these signs, the cost of repairs will likely be close to the price of a replacement heat pump. By replacing your heat pump, you’ll save money and energy. Plus, you’ll make your home comfortable again!
Expected Life Span of Heat Pumps
Heat pumps are known for their energy efficiency. They help you keep the cost of heating and cooling down your Chicago home. Part of their efficiency is that they can last a long time with proper maintenance. Most heat pumps can last between 10 and 15 years before they need to be replaced. Several factors affect the life span of your heat pump, including:
- Local climate: Unfortunately, our bitter Chicago winters and chilly autumns mean that your heat pump needs to work harder than those in mild temperatures.
- Size of the heat pump: If you’re using a heat pump that’s too small for your home, it will need to work harder to keep your home comfortable, increasing wear and tear.
- Maintenance of the heat pump: A well-maintained heat pump can last long. If you forget to schedule your maintenance, you could shorten the life span of your heat pump.
- How much it is used: The more you use your heat pump, the more wear and tear it will have. Over time, wear and tear will lead to a replacement.
- When it was manufactured: The newer the model of your heat pump, the longer it will last. More recent models are more efficient and have better technology.
If your heat pump has reached the end of its efficiency and life span, it’s time to replace it and get the benefits of a new heat pump!
Benefits of Upgrading Your Old Heat Pump System
There are many benefits to upgrading your old heat pump system. Modern heat pumps have features that make an upgrade worthwhile to consider. Some of the benefits of upgrading your old heat pump include:
- A lower running cost
- Higher energy efficiency
- Safer operations
- Easier maintenance
- More customized temperature control.
To fully understand the benefits of upgrading your heat pump, schedule a consultation with one of the experienced professionals at ABC. They will evaluate your current heat pump and discuss the options that best suit your home and needs.
Choose ABC for Heat Pump Replacement Services
For the best heat pump replacement services in Chicagoland, count on ABC Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. We offer upfront, project-based pricing so you understand the project’s scope before we even begin work.
Customer service is important to us. We are dedicated to delivering top-notch service for each project. We’re the heat pump replacement company that your friends and neighbors choose.
Heat Pump FAQs
Have questions about ductless mini-splits? Here are some of the frequently asked questions we receive:
Can I use my heat pump in the winter?
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +