Whole-House Generators & Generator Services in Chicagoland, IL
High winds, heavy storms, and car accidents are all common in the Chicago area, and they often result in power outages that can last anywhere from a few minutes to a few days. This can leave your home without heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, or power for life-saving medical devices. Protect your home and family during prolonged power outages with a permanently installed, easy-to-use whole-home generator. When power is lost, it will automatically start and provide all the electricity you need to keep your home running smoothly without the hassle of rolling out a portable generator, connecting extension cords, and risking your safety during inclement weather.
Talk to our electricians in Chicago at ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric when you want to add a whole-home generator to your Chicago home. We can recommend the best size for your needs and provide a turnkey, professional generator installation. We also offer complete service for all our whole-home generators, from basic generator maintenance and repairs to emergency services. With over 70 years of experience, you can count on us for top-quality plumbing, HVAC, and electrical services with convent scheduling, upfront pricing, and complete satisfaction guaranteed.
Whole-Home Generator Installations in Chicago
Whether the power goes out during a sub-zero winter night or after a violent summer thunderstorm, a whole-home generator can provide your family with comfort and peace of mind. Our team at ABC can provide a complete standby generator installation for your Chicago home. This will include:
- Evaluating your electrical needs
- Selecting the best generator to support your electrical loads
- Installing and testing the generator
- Wiring the automatic transfer switch
The Benefits of a Whole-Home Generator
A whole-home generator offers several benefits for your Chicago home and family, including:
- Reliable backup power: Your generator will start within seconds of a power outage to provide electricity to your entire home.
- Automatic startup: There’s no need to start your generator and connect it. An automatic transfer switch safety starts your generator and transfers the loads automatically.
- Year-round comfort: No matter when your power goes out, a whole-home generator has the capacity to keep your heating or air conditioning system running, as well as your refrigerators, freezers, electric stoves, lights, TV, emergency radios, and more.
- Improved safety: A standby generator has a permanent fuel supply like municipal natural gas lines, a large propane tank, or a large diesel tank, so there is no dangerous manual refueling during inclement weather. It is also in a safe location outside to virtually eliminate the threat of carbon monoxide positioning that is all too common with portable generators, plus there are no electrical cables to handle.
Generator Repair for Your Chicago Home
When your generator is malfunctioning or needs basic care and maintenance, call our team at ABC. We offer complete whole-home generator repair services, and our technicians are available 24/7 for emergency service.
Signs Your Generator Needs Repairs
Call our experts anytime you notice the following problems with your standby generator:
- Problems starting: A weak battery, fuel delivery problems, a faulty ignition system, or a bad starter could prevent your generator from starting properly.
- Bogging under load: A restricted fuel system, dirty air filter, weak spark, or a worn engine could cause the engine to slow down under load.
- Stalling: Low oil levels, bad fuel, overloading, and a faulty ignition system could all cause the engine to stall and shut the generator down.
- No power output: A lack of power could indicate wiring issues, tripped breakers, a faulty transfer switch, or problems with the generator’s power head or alternator.
Whole-Home Generator Replacement in Chicago
Like any equipment with an engine, a whole-home generator will eventually need to be replaced as the engine loses performance and efficiency over time. As the end of your generator’s service life approaches, you may notice more frequent breakdowns, engine problems, trouble running large loads, less stable power, or issues with sensitive electronics.
A generator replacement will ensure you have the reliable backup power you need during an emergency without worrying about breakdowns, loss of power, or safety issues. When it is time to replace your whole-home generator, talk to our team at ABC. We can recommend the best model for your needs and provide complete installation.
ABC: Your Trusted Team for Standby Generator Services in Chicago, IL
Choose whole-home generator services from ABC when you need constant, reliable power for your Chicago home. We have been serving the Chicago area for over 70 years. We offer fast, dependable service from friendly professionals who receive complete background checks and drug screenings before they are hired, along with the best training we can provide.
We work with your schedule to make our visits as convenient as possible, and we offer a “No Surprises” pricing guarantee so that you know what you will pay upfront, a customer service guarantee that ensures excellence with every visit, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee that ensures you will be happy with our work.
Whole-Home Generator FAQs
How much backup generator power do I need?
What kind of maintenance does a whole-home generator require?
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +