AC Repair in Clearwater, FL
The extended summers here in Clearwater are great for spending time at the beach, but you expect your reliable air conditioner to cool you off once you get home. If you’re having problems staying comfortable, call ABC Plumbing, Air & Heat right away. We offer comprehensive air conditioning repair to get your system back up and running, no matter what problems you encounter.
Our Clearwater HVAC company can keep your family comfortable all summer long! Call 813-452-5952 or contact us online for fast, dependable AC repair.
Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair
Sometimes, air conditioners fail seemingly out of nowhere. Other times, they show warning signs that a breakdown is imminent. Here’s what to look for:
- Operating issues – Perhaps your air conditioner short cycles, trips the circuit breaker, or doesn’t come on when it should. There could be a problem with the compressor, start capacitor, or electrical wiring.
- Airflow problems – Do some rooms always feel stuffy? Try changing the filter to improve airflow. If that doesn’t work, the coils could be dirty, or the refrigerant charge may be low.
- Uncomfortable house – Place your hand over a supply register. If the air feels lukewarm, the AC will never reach the target temperature. If replacing the filter doesn’t make a difference, call ABC for help.
- Water dripping from the AC unit – The indoor evaporator coil can freeze if the refrigerant charge is low, resulting in a sheet of ice that slowly melts onto the floor below. You need a service technician to help correct this problem.
- Strange noises – Pay attention to any new or worsening sounds coming from your air conditioner. Ignoring the problem could lead to a damaged compressor, blower motor, fan, or other components.
- Unusual smells – Burning plastic odors may indicate electrical problems, while musty or sour aromas might mean mold is growing in your HVAC system. Regardless of what you smell, turn off the AC and contact a pro right away!
If you notice any of these signs or experience other problems with your air conditioner, call our Clearwater AC repair experts at 813-452-5952.
We Can Diagnose & Repair Any AC Problem
The team at ABC proudly services AC units of all brands, models, and styles, including central air conditioners and heat pumps. Expect our NATE-certified technicians to arrive promptly, diagnose the problem correctly, and deliver a long-lasting, cost-effective repair.
Here are some of the most common air conditioner problems we have experience repairing:
- Startup and cycling problems
- Poor airflow and insufficient cooling
- Problems with the air handler, blower motor, and compressor
- Defective relays, capacitors, control boards, and contactors
- Refrigerant leaks and frozen evaporator coils
- Thermostat and wiring problems
- And much more
While we always consider repairs first, it isn’t always cost-effective or even possible to restore an old, damaged cooling system. In that case, we may recommend a high-efficiency AC replacement. We also suggest scheduling ongoing AC maintenance to minimize breakdowns and help your system last years longer.
Wondering how much AC repair costs? Contact our HVAC team in Clearwater to speak with a technician about your cooling problem.
Why Choose ABC for Clearwater AC Repair?
If you’re looking for high-quality air conditioning repair at an affordable price, look no further than ABC. When you choose us for HVAC services in Clearwater, here’s what you can expect:
- Convenient appointment times that work with your schedule
- Drug-tested, background-checked technicians
- Worry-free guarantee at no extra cost
- Upfront, no-surprises pricing that we quote by the job, not by the hour
For help staying cool this summer, turn to ABC Plumbing, Air & Heat in Clearwater, FL. Call us at 813-452-5952 or complete our online contact form to schedule AC repair today!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“I wish I could give more stars. Our technician's name is Cole—he was pleasant, knowledgeable, very professional and prompt. I will definitely recommend ABC to anyone!”–
“Our technician showed up on time, was friendly, professional and very informative. He took his time doing an exceptional inspection of our system. He explained every detail, and left me feeling confident that we made the right choice by calling ABC. We were happy with our experience!”–
“My technician’s name is Angel and he was prompt and expeditious in his inspection. He showed me potential issues and what to look out for the future. I had an overall outstanding experience compared to other air-conditioning companies I’ve come across in the past. Thank you Angel and ABC!”–
“Nate was fast and professional. I will use ABC again. Major stress taken care of. The job was less expensive than I was thinking and we can now get regular service and checkup for less than most places.”–