Trenchless Sewer Repair in Chicago, Illinois
Is your sewer line broken, cracked, or corroded? When you need sewer repair or replacement, opt for trenchless services from ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric. We are experts at performing trenchless sewer line repair, a process that eliminates the need to dig up your entire lawn to access underground plumbing.
Interested in learning more about trenchless sewer repair in Chicagoland? If so, please call ABC at (888) 868-6667 today.
What Is Trenchless Sewer Repair?
A few decades ago, damaged sewer lines buried in the ground were inaccessible unless you dug long, unsightly trenches in your yard, disrupting your landscape and requiring you to tear up your driveway and sidewalks. If you choose this option today, you’ll be forced to pay thousands of dollars in additional landscaping restoration work.
Fortunately, there’s another option these days: trenchless sewer repair! This method has been around since the mid-1990s, but many homeowners are still unaware that it’s an option.
ABC plumbers use one of two techniques to restore your underground pipes without the high cost and disruption of digging traditional trenches. These techniques are called pipe relining and pipe bursting.
This first method, also known as cured-in-place piping, eliminates the need to remove a broken sewer pipe. Relining is only possible if the structural integrity of the pipe is still in place. Here’s how the process works:
- We send a tiny video camera down into the pipe to pinpoint the problem area and determine whether pipe relining is a feasible option.
- We dig one small access hole to begin the trenchless sewer repair.
- A pump pulls a flexible tube through the sewer pipe, which is coated with a special epoxy resin. The tube is inflated and the resin hardens inside the old, damaged pipe, re-lining it with a strong new inner layer.
- The hardened lining material is seamless, corrosion resistant, and as strong as a brand new sewer pipe. Expect your relined pipe to last up to 50 years without requiring repair or replacement.
If your sewer line has collapsed or the lateral has joints, pipe relining may not be possible. Fortunately, there’s another trenchless sewer repair technique called pipe bursting. Here’s how it works:
- We dig two access holes on either end of the pipe.
- We insert a cable with a pipe bursting head through one access hole and pull it through the path of the existing sewer line using a winch positioned at the second access hole.
- As the old pipe fractures, a new replacement pipe made of polyethylene is pulled into position.
- The new sewer line is seamless, corrosion resistant, and rated to last up to 50 years without requiring repair or replacement.
Benefits of Trenchless Sewer Repair
Choose trenchless sewer repair from ABC if you want to enjoy these benefits:
- Repairs usually take less than a day.
- Trenchless services minimize disruption to your landscape.
- Efficient repairs save you time and prevent the need to pay for restorative landscaping work.
- This permanent solution to your sewer line problem lasts up to 50 years.
- Repairs meet industry standards for your peace of mind.
When Trenchless Sewer Repair Is Effective
You know it’s time to have a plumber look at your sewer line if you experience frequently clogged toilets, leaky lines, a backed up sewer system, or other problems. Rest assured that our trenchless sewer repair services are appropriate for fixing the following:
- Underground piping buried beneath buildings, hardscaping, and landscaping
- Burst pipes caused by tree roots or household debris
- Improperly installed pipes that cause frequent backups and leaks
- Cracked pipes caused by movement of the soil
- Damaged pipes caused by repetitive freezing and thawing
Choose ABC’s Chicago Plumbers for Trenchless Sewer Repair
Why settle for the stress and mess of having a trench dug through your lawn, destroying landscaping and more? ABC’s trenchless sewer line repair is fast, minimally disruptive and provides a permanent solution.
To schedule an appointment for trenchless sewer repair in Chicago, please call ABC at (888) 868-6667 today.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–