Trenchless Sewer Repair in Chicago, Illinois
Is your sewer line broken, cracked, or corroded? When you need sewer repair or replacement, opt for trenchless services from ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. We are experts at performing trenchless sewer line repair, a process that eliminates the need to dig up your entire lawn to access underground plumbing.
Looking for trenchless sewer line repair “near me” or just interested in learning more? If so, please call ABC at 888-868-6667 today.
What Is Trenchless Sewer Repair & How Does It Work?
A few decades ago, damaged sewer lines buried in the ground were inaccessible unless you dug long, unsightly trenches in your yard, disrupting your landscape and requiring you to tear up your driveway and sidewalks. For example, replacing a sewer line from the house to the main could result in a yards-long trench! If you choose this option today, you’ll be forced to pay thousands of dollars in additional landscaping restoration work.
Fortunately, there’s another option: trenchless sewer repair! This method has been around since the mid-1990s, but many homeowners are still unaware that it’s an option.
ABC’s plumbers use one of two trenchless sewer line repair methods to restore your underground pipes without the high cost and disruption of digging traditional trenches. These techniques are called pipe relining and pipe bursting.
This first method, also known as cured-in-place piping, eliminates the need to remove a broken sewer pipe. Relining is only possible if the structural integrity of the pipe is still in place (in other words, this wouldn’t work for cracked sewer pipe repair). Here’s how the process works:
- We send a tiny video camera down into the pipe to pinpoint the problem area and determine whether pipe relining is a feasible option.
- We dig one small access hole to begin the trenchless sewer repair.
- A pump pulls a flexible tube through the sewer pipe, which is coated with a special epoxy resin. The tube is inflated and the resin hardens inside the old, damaged pipe, re-lining it with a strong new inner layer.
- The hardened lining material is seamless, corrosion resistant, and as strong as a brand new sewer pipe. Expect your relined pipe to last up to 50 years without requiring repair or replacement.
If your sewer line has collapsed or the lateral has joints, pipe relining may not be possible. Fortunately, there’s a trenchless sewer replacement technique called pipe bursting. Here’s how it works:
- We dig two access holes on either end of the pipe.
- We insert a cable with a pipe bursting head through one access hole and pull it through the path of the existing sewer line using a winch positioned at the second access hole.
- As the old pipe fractures, a new replacement pipe made of polyethylene is pulled into position.
- The new sewer line is seamless, corrosion resistant, and rated to last up to 50 years without requiring repair or replacement.
Have questions about your sewer line repair options? Get in touch with a plumber from ABC today by calling 888-868-6667.
Benefits of Trenchless Sewer Repair
Choose trenchless sewer repair from ABC if you want to enjoy these benefits:
- Repairs usually take less than a day.
- Trenchless services minimize disruption to your landscape.
- Efficient repairs save you time and prevent the need to pay for restorative landscaping work.
- This permanent solution to your sewer line problem lasts up to 50 years.
- Repairs meet industry standards for your peace of mind.
When Trenchless Sewer Repair Is Effective
Wondering about the pros and cons of trenchless sewer repair? Well, it’s more a matter of when the technique is appropriate. Rest assured that our trenchless sewer repair services are appropriate for fixing the following:
- Underground piping buried beneath buildings, hardscaping, and landscaping
- Burst pipes caused by tree roots or household debris
- Improperly installed pipes that cause frequent backups and leaks
- Cracked pipes caused by movement of the soil
- Damaged pipes caused by repetitive freezing and thawing
What Are the Signs of a Broken Sewer Pipe?
Depending on the material used in the construction of your sewer lines, you should be able to get 50-100 years of sewer line service out of them—closer to 50 for the older clay pipes, and nearer to a full century out of more modern PVC piping. However, guesswork cannot account for everything, and sometimes things go wrong. How can you tell if you need sewer line repair service? Watch for these signs:
- Excessive clogging. A plumbing clog every now and again is nothing odd, but if you experience stubborn clogs frequently, then the problem may lie with the sewer main line.
- Slow-moving drains. When sewer lines begin to crack or break, roots can get into the pipe, slowing the speed at which your drains move water.
- Foul odors in the home. The stench of sewage is distinct and hard to miss. If you smell this in your home but cannot find the cause, then it may be time to call your trusted sewer repair team for an inspection.
- Pools of fetid water in the yard. Because the sewer main is located mostly within the length of your yard (around 4 feet or more below the ground), if the pipe is cracked or damaged it can allow sewer water to bubble up to the surface. This often results in funky odors, tons of bugs, puddles, and, potentially, shifts in your yard’s height.
Are Broken Sewer Pipes Typically Covered by Homeowners Insurance?
Sewer repair services and sewer line replacement can often be covered by homeowners insurance, but it will depend on the provider you have (you can often find sewage line repair listed under the coverage types), whether or not the cost of service meets your deductible, and (arguably, most importantly) the cause of the damage. If the sewer line damage is found to be due to negligence or a bad move on the homeowner’s part, insurance will often refuse coverage.
Choose ABC’s Chicago Plumbers for Trenchless Sewer Repair
Why settle for the stress and mess of having a trench dug through your lawn, destroying landscaping and more? ABC’s trenchless sewer line repair is fast, minimally disruptive and provides a permanent solution.
To schedule an appointment for trenchless sewer repair in Chicago, please call ABC at 888-868-6667 today.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–