Programmable Thermostat Installation in Chicago, IL
A Smart Thermostat Can Save You Hundreds of Dollars
The average Chicago household spends more than $2,000 a year on energy bills. Over half of that money goes toward heating and cooling a home.
If you aren’t already saving with a programmable thermostat, have ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric install one in your Chicagoland home today. If you use this affordable upgrade correctly, you can expect to save about $200 a year!
Ready to start saving on your monthly energy expenses? Schedule programmable thermostat installation for your Chicago home by contacting ABC at (888) 868-6667 or schedule online today!
We proudly offer smart thermostat installation in Chicago, Naperville, Elgin, Wheaton, Schaumburg, and beyond!
How Do Programmable Thermostats Save You Money?
The key to saving with a programmable thermostat is to create automatic setback periods. Differing models have various programming capabilities for different days of the week, but most thermostats let you set four schedules per day to create a different temperature in the morning, during the day, in the evening, and at night.
Simply program the temperature that’s right for you and your family at the times when you’re at home. Then, program energy-saving setback periods for when everyone is away at work or school, or while the family is sleeping at night. This way, you don’t pay to heat or cool an empty house, yet you arrive home and wake up to a comfortable temperature. With a programmable thermostat, you enjoy the best energy savings possible without sacrificing comfort.
Enjoy the comfort and convenience of a smart thermostat in your Chicagoland home by scheduling your installation service with ABC. Contact our team at (888) 868-6667 or make your appointment online today to start saving!
Wi-Fi thermostats are even more advanced. They can be an integral part of a smart home, empowering you to adjust your home’s temperature from anywhere with a smartphone or computer. This is useful in many scenarios:
- If you leave work 30 minutes early, you can adjust the temperature so it’s comfortable when you get home.
- You can monitor the thermostat from afar to make sure no one has tampered with your preferred settings.
- Even while at home, you can change the temperature using your smartphone to avoid walking over to the thermostat.
Contact ABC at 888-868-6667 to schedule smart thermostat installation at your Chicago home!
Tips for Using Programmable Thermostats
To make the most of your programmable thermostat, you must use it correctly. Follow these tips to maximize comfort and energy savings:
- While you’re at home, set the thermostat to 78 degrees in the summer and 68 degrees in the winter. Dress for the season to stay comfortable.
- Set the temperature as high as 88 degrees in the summer and as low as 58 degrees in the winter when you’re away or sleeping for several hours at a time.
- Make your setback periods last as long as possible to increase your savings. Eight hours or more is best. If you run a quick errand, don’t worry about setting the temperature back.
- All programmable thermostats have a temporary override setting. To maximize your savings, use this feature sparingly. If you’re uncomfortable, add or remove a layer of clothing before you adjust the thermostat.
- When you override the setting, change the temperature by just one or two degrees to prevent wasting too much energy.
- Use the “permanent/vacation” hold when going out of town. This overrides all pre-programmed periods until you tell the thermostat to resume them.
- Consider installing a zoning system, which controls the temperature in different parts of your home using multiple thermostats and ductwork dampers. This upgrade can save you even more on home heating and cooling.
Our team is happy to assist you with navigating the features of your smart thermostat. Whether you need initial installation or have questions following your appointment, ABC is here to help ensure your thermostat is in proper working condition. Contact us at (888) 868-6667 or schedule smart thermostat installation online for your Chicago home today.
Smart Thermostat FAQs for Chicago Homeowners
Making the switch to a smart thermostat is a great first step in helping your family save thousands on annual energy expenses. Prior to scheduling installation, review the list of frequently asked questions to help better prepare for what to expect:
Are Smart Thermostats Worth the Cost of Installation?
Yes! The money you save on energy expenses in just one heating and cooling season can pay for the cost of smart thermostat installation, depending on your HVAC usage habits. In fact, most manufacturers show that homeowners can recoup the cost in about 2 years.
How Difficult is Smart Thermostat Installation?
With help from the HVAC contractors at ABC, smart thermostat installation is a breeze! Our team will ensure that you have the appropriate wires needed for installation, known as the C-wire. This wire supplies 24V electricity to your smart thermostat; however, some models, such as the Emerson Sensi smart thermostat and ecobee3 Wi-Fi smart thermostat, do not require a C-wire for successful installation.
Which Smart Thermostat is the Best?
For ultimate compatibility and user-friendliness, our team highly recommends the ecobee 3 Wi-Fi smart thermostat. If the ecobee 3 is too far out of your price range, you may wish to consider alternative options, such as the Lux Geo or Emerson Sensi. Each of these models offers exceptional features for a low starting price of around $100. For more assistance with your smart thermostat selection, contact the team at ABC at (888) 868-6667 today!
Get Exceptional Service for All Your Programmable Thermostat Needs: Contact ABC
Ready to reap the benefits of a programmable thermostat? Our team can help! Our expert HVAC contractors can help you select, install, and maintain the best smart thermostat for your home, your budget, and your comfort needs!
At ABC, your comfort comes first. Experience the difference that smart thermostat installation can make in your home by contacting our team at (888) 868-6667 and scheduling your appointment today!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC