Programmable Thermostat Installation in Chicago, IL
This Little Device Can Save You Hundreds Of Dollars
The average Chicago household spends more than $2,000 a year on energy bills, and over half of that money goes toward heating and cooling your home. If you aren’t already saving with a programmable thermostat, have ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric install one in your Chicagoland home today. If you use this affordable upgrade correctly, you can expect to save about $200 a year!
To schedule programmable thermostat installation in the Chicagoland area, please call ABC at (888) 868-6667 today.
How Do Programmable Thermostats Save You Money?
The key to saving with a programmable thermostat is to create automatic setback periods. Differing models have various programming capabilities for different days of the week, but most thermostats let you set four schedules per day to create a different temperature in the morning, during the day, in the evening, and at night.
Simply program the temperature that’s right for you and your family at the times when you’re at home. Then, program energy-saving setback periods for when everyone is away at work or school, or while the family is sleeping at night. This way, you don’t pay to heat or cool an empty house, yet you arrive home and wake up to a comfortable temperature. With a programmable thermostat, you enjoy the best energy savings possible without sacrificing comfort.
Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostats
Wi-Fi thermostats are even more advanced. They allow you to adjust your home’s temperature using a web-enabled Smartphone or computer. This is useful in many scenarios:
- If you leave work 30 minutes early, you can adjust the temperature so it’s comfortable when you get home.
- You can monitor the thermostat from afar to make sure no one has tampered with your preferred settings.
- Even while at home, you can change the temperature using your Smartphone to avoid walking over to the thermostat.
Tips for Programming Your Thermostat
To make the most of your programmable thermostat, you must use it correctly. Follow these tips to maximize comfort and energy savings:
- While you’re at home, set the thermostat to 78 degrees in the summer and 68 degrees in the winter. Dress for the season to stay comfortable.
- Set the temperature as high as 88 degrees in the summer and as low as 58 degrees in the winter when you’re away or sleeping for several hours at a time.
- Make your setback periods last as long as possible to increase your savings. Eight hours or more is best. If you run a quick errand, don’t worry about setting the temperature back.
- All programmable thermostats have a temporary override setting. To maximize your savings, use this feature sparingly. If you’re uncomfortable, add or remove a layer of clothing before you adjust the thermostat.
- When you override the setting, change the temperature by just one or two degrees to prevent wasting too much energy.
- Use the “permanent/vacation” hold when going out of town. This overrides all pre-programmed periods until you tell the thermostat to resume them.
- Consider installing a zoning system, which controls the temperature in different parts of your home using multiple thermostats and ductwork dampers. This upgrade can save you even more on home heating and cooling.
To find out more about how you can save on your heating and cooling bills with a programmable thermostat, please contact ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric today.
Call ABC to Install a Programmable Thermostat in Your Chicago Home
Ready to reap the benefits of a programmable thermostat? Our team can help! To schedule programmable thermostat installation in the Chicagoland area, please call ABC at (888) 868-6667 today.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Keith and his crew were top notch. Calm/cool, trustworthy, efficient, respectful, reliable, thorough, communicative and reassuring. And at the end of the day, quality work! For the bigger projects, I feel confident knowing we have a go-to service to call.”–
“ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric are fantastic. I recently used them to replace my sump pump, which had exploded! They were very friendly on the phone and Rick H., our technician was fantastic. He explained things thoroughly, we was efficient and very nice. Will definitely be using him and…”–
“On only a day's notice, Adam came very prepared. He knew immediately what was the issue in each case. He replaced one toilet and repaired another. The bathrooms were left in great order and very clean. I am looking forward to having more work done by Adam and ABC.”–
“ABC was reliable and professional. Mike G was our technician and was a pleasure to work with. Down to earth, no pressure and gave you a straight answer to what you needed. Felt like I got an honest appraisal and was given a great quote. Will be calling them back…”–
“You never know for sure what you'll get when you need a contractor in a pinch. I chose ABC Plumbing out of my 2017 Best Picks Report for contractors because ABC was their top choice. After working them, I will use them again and tell everyone who needs this kind…”–
“EXCELLENT and FAST service provided by ABC plumbing and superb work at our home provided by Tom Glaza. He fielded, diagnosed and fixed all electrical issues. Tom is knowledgeable, friendly, efficient and explains everything in detail to customer so you know what he is fixing and gives accurate up front…”–