Are You Heating Your Home in the Summer?
During the hot, humid summer months it’s important to take steps to help your air conditioner work as efficiently as possible. Some of these steps are obvious, such as closing blinds to block the sun, running ceiling fans to circulate the cool air, and keeping windows as doors closed. However, a lot of the heat and humidity is actually created inside the home, which can significantly increase your cooling costs.
Here are a few tips to help reduce the heat and humidity from within your home:
1. Turn off incandescent bulbs. Because most of the energy from incandescent bulbs goes to generating heat rather than light (only 5%), turning them off when not needed will reduce the heat in rooms significantly. Better yet, consider switching to compact florescent (CFL) light bulbs, which convert more of their energy into light, thereby operating much cooler.
2. Keep lamps, TVs and other heat generating appliances away from the thermostat.
3. Cook outside with a grill or use your microwave instead of the oven or range.
4. Make sure your dryer and bathroom exhaust ducts are venting outside and not into your attic.
5. Line dry clothes outside. Dryers generate not just heat, but a lot of humidity.
6. Air dry dishes in your dishwasher. The drying cycle of a dishwasher generates a lot of warm, humid air.
7. Use a water heater blanket. This will not only reduce heat in the home but will make your water heater operate more efficiently.
8. Turn off the gas supply to fireplaces and heaters. The piot light creates heat and wastes gas.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +