Water Heater Maintenance in Tampa, FL
Save energy, avoid unnecessary repairs, and extend the life of your water heater—contact ABC Plumbing, Air & Heat at 813-452-5952 to request a water heater tune-up today!
When was the last time you maintained your water heater? It’s common for homeowners to neglect this appliance, but to keep it in good working order, you should have it inspected and tuned up once a year. Water heater maintenance is a small investment, yet it provides many excellent benefits.
Benefits of Water Heater Maintenance in Tampa
Once you realize how much you stand to gain from maintaining your water heater, you’ll never neglect this task again! Here’s what to expect when you choose ABC for water heater maintenance in Sun City, Tarpon Springs, or Brandon, FL:
- Better performance: A plumber can help your water heater perform more efficiently by removing sediment buildup from the bottom of the tank.
- Lower water heating bills: When your water heater doesn’t work as hard, you enjoy hot water at a lower cost.
- Fewer equipment malfunctions: A properly maintained water heater is less likely to break down or create a safety hazard. This means continuous, reliable hot water and better peace of mind for you and your family.
- Longer equipment lifespan: Taking steps to prevent corrosion helps your water heater last longer, saving you money on replacement costs in the long run.
Start enjoying these benefits now! Call 813-452-5952 or contact ABC online for water heater maintenance in the Tampa Bay area!
How to Maintain Your Water Heater
While your water heater needs professional attention once a year, you should maintain it on your own between visits. Here’s how to get the most from your water heater:
- Test the temperature and pressure relief (TPR) valve for proper operation every couple of months. If it doesn’t open and close freely, have it replaced.
- Drain several gallons of water from the tank every six months to slow the buildup of minerals that can lead to performance issues.
- Lower the temperature to 120˚F from the standard 140˚. This increases efficiency and reduces the risk of being scalded at the tap. (Just don’t go below 120˚F or you risk microbial growth in the tank).
What Does a Professional Water Heater Tune-Up Include?
Performing maintenance tasks yourself is a good starting point, but you should also hire a professional once a year to carry out a more in-depth water heater tune-up. Here’s what professional water heater maintenance includes:
- Flush the tank thoroughly to remove all sediment buildup.
- Check the pilot light, if applicable.
- Inspect the heating elements on electric models.
- Inspect the burners and flue on gas models.
- Test the thermostat.
- Insulate the tank and incoming/outgoing water pipes at the homeowner’s request. This reduces standby heat loss, helps water heat up faster at the tap, and increases efficiency.
- Check for a corroded anode rod and replace it as necessary.
- Replace the TPR valve when needed.
- Answer any questions you have about using your water heater efficiently.
Has it been more than a year since your last water heater tune-up? If so, contact ABC online for water heater maintenance at your Tampa home!
Schedule a Water Heater Flush in Tampa, FL
If it’s been over a year since your water heater was professionally maintained, we recommend scheduling a tune-up at your earliest convenience. We’ll work with your schedule to ensure the timing of our visit works well for you.
Then, sit back and relax while our reliable plumbers maintain your water heater at an upfront price and with a worry-free guarantee. With water heater maintenance and other plumbing services from ABC, your home should never go without hot water again!
Give us a call today at 813-452-5952 to schedule a water heater flush and inspection in Tampa and the surrounding areas, including Sun City, Tarpon Springs, and Brandon, FL.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“I wish I could give more stars. Our technician's name is Cole—he was pleasant, knowledgeable, very professional and prompt. I will definitely recommend ABC to anyone!”–
“Our technician showed up on time, was friendly, professional and very informative. He took his time doing an exceptional inspection of our system. He explained every detail, and left me feeling confident that we made the right choice by calling ABC. We were happy with our experience!”–
“My technician’s name is Angel and he was prompt and expeditious in his inspection. He showed me potential issues and what to look out for the future. I had an overall outstanding experience compared to other air-conditioning companies I’ve come across in the past. Thank you Angel and ABC!”–
“Nate was fast and professional. I will use ABC again. Major stress taken care of. The job was less expensive than I was thinking and we can now get regular service and checkup for less than most places.”–