Chicago Water Heater Replacement & Repair
Call 888-868-6667 for Water Heater Services in Chicago, IL
Hot water is more than a convenience—it’s a daily necessity for cooking, cleaning, bathing, doing laundry, and washing dishes.
Your water heater is under constant stress to deliver the hot water you and your family enjoy every day. But because it operates silently behind the scenes, it’s difficult to predict when a problem will occur or when a small issue is worth worrying about.
Is it time for water heater installation service at your Chicagoland-area home? For water heater services, call ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. We perform all the water heater services you need, from installing a high-efficiency unit to keeping the appliance up and running for years to come.
To schedule water heater replacement, water heater repair, or water heater maintenance in the Chicagoland area, simply call ABC at 888-868-6667 or contact us online.
We offer 24-hour emergency plumbing service!
Water Heater Services in Chicago, Illinois
Call for Water Heater Replacement, Repair & Maintenance
No matter what services you need, count on ABC’s Chicago plumbers for the best results. Here are the Chicago water heater services we offer:
- Water heater replacement: Your water heater works harder than any other plumbing fixture in your Chicago home. So, after years of service, you’ll eventually need to replace it. Don’t worry—when that time comes, ABC will take care of everything. First, we determine what type and size of water heater you need to meet your daily hot water needs. Then we professionally install your new, energy-efficient water heater. Finally, we haul away the old unit to make your upgrade as stress-free as possible.
- Water heater maintenance: We recommend annual water heater maintenance and safety inspections. Tune-ups from one of our Chicago plumbers keep your water heater running safely and efficiently for the coming year. If we discover developing issues during an inspection, it’s easy to perform a repair before major damage occurs.
- Water heater repair: If your Chicago home’s water heater gives you trouble, call ABC at any time—day, night, weekend, or holiday. We’ll be there as quickly as possible to perform an emergency water heater repair in the Chicago area.
Searching for an expert plumber “near me” in Chicago, IL who services all types of water heaters? Call ABC at 888-868-6667 or contact us online now!
Do I Need Water Heater Services in Chicago?
Could you benefit from our Chicago water heater services? Watch for these signs that you should give ABC a call:
- Strange sounds coming from the water heater: Gurgling, bubbling, or popping sounds are all common when a water heater is about to fail.
- Insufficient hot water: A properly operating 40- or 50-gallon tank should be able to supply enough hot water for two or three back-to-back showers. If yours is unable to keep up, it may need maintenance to restore maximum output.
- Murky hot water: A water heater with rust on the inside may cause hot water to run brown. Draining and flushing the tank may resolve this problem.
- Leaky relief valve or rusty tank: Is your water heater leaking? Call ABC to address these problems before the tank fails and floods your Chicago-area home!
If you notice any of these warning signs of problems, don’t hesitate to contact ABC for fast, efficient water heater repair service! We’re proud to be the local plumbing company Chicago homeowners trust whenever they need plumbing repairs or 24-hour emergency plumbing service!
Consider a Tankless Water Heater for Your Chicago Home
Maybe you’re considering a tankless water heater for great energy savings and an endless supply of hot water. If you decide to go this route, rest assured that ABC offers all the services you need to keep your tankless water heater running.
Tankless v. Conventional Water Heaters
Our tankless water heater services include:
- Tankless water heater installation and replacement: Whether you need expert advice about the best type of tankless water heater for your home or it’s time to install a brand-new tankless water heater, we’ve got you covered!
- Tankless water heater repair: No matter what type of problem your tankless water heater may be experiencing, we can diagnose and fix it! We’ll get your tankless water heater back up and running ASAP.
- Tankless water heater maintenance: To keep tankless water heaters in top condition, we offer comprehensive water heater maintenance services.
Not sure if a tankless water heater is the right choice for you? Check out this informative video to learn more about the difference between traditional and tankless water heaters—or simply contact ABC to get answers directly from our expert Chicago plumbers!
Choose ABC for Chicago Water Heater Services
Call for Water Heater Replacement, Repair & Maintenance
ABC is the team you can rely on for all of your water heater service needs. From determining which water heater is a perfect match for your needs to providing water heater repair and maintenance service, we can handle it all, and we’ll always put your needs first!
Frequently Asked Questions About Water Heater
As a long-standing home service contractor in Chicago, we’ve been asked, and have answered, nearly countless questions about water heaters! Here are a few of our most frequently asked questions about gas water heaters and electric water heater systems.
Why is water leaking from the bottom of my water heater?
If your water heater is leaking the problem could actually lie with quite a few things. The relief or drain valve (the valve that holds water in the tank—often on the front face of the tank) is the most common source and is easily checked. If the relief valve is moist, then it has been leaking! This is also your best case, as the repair is easy.
Another common and far less fortunate cause is tank damage. If the tank hasn’t been flushed or you neglected to water heater repair service, sediment reacting with the bottom element could have caused irreparable damage and corrosion to the tank.
If too much pressure builds up in your tank, safety features of the water heater may allow you to release the relief valve. That should signal excess water to flow out via an overflow pipe, which is usually aimed at the floor. If your water heater seems to be working well after you release the pressure, your system should be fine. But you can always call an experienced plumber to be sure!
Is a leaking water heater dangerous?
Potentially! Your tank doesn’t hold onto cold water.
If you check your thermostat or control box, you’ll know the reservoir keeps water at a temperature of 120 degrees or more. So, a fresh leak or a pressure leak (which can actually jet out) can be scalding.
How many years does a hot water heater last?
If well-maintained and of good quality, a hot water heater should last around a decade, give or take a couple of years. Some factors can impact this, such as hard water or a failure to schedule a tank flush and fill service.
What should it cost to replace a water heater?
The answer here is going to depend very heavily on the product you want to purchase—the type of water heater, the size of the system, the brand, and other essential factors. Whether you’re looking for a traditional system or you’re thinking about tankless water heaters will matter, too!
What is the best water heater brand?
The easy answer is that no brand would get far if they didn’t put out a quality product. It’s important to discuss your options with your trusted plumber. A pro can help you pick the product and brand that meets your needs and budget best. As for us, we’re fond of Bradford White for conventional storage water heaters and Navien for tankless water heaters.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–