Boiler Repair in Chicago, Illinois
If you live in Chicago, you rely on home heating to stay comfortable for about six months out of the year. When your boiler starts acting up, you don’t want to wait hours or even days for a repair technician to arrive. That’s where ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric comes in. We have over 65 years of experience offering 24-hour boiler repair to homeowners in the Chicago area. Let our background-checked technicians perform the work you need for fast, long-lasting results.
To request a boiler repair in Chicago, please call ABC at 888-868-6667. Any time of day or night, weekend or holiday, we’ll be there when you need us most!
Boiler Repair Services in Chicago
You might feel nervous calling a company to work on the equipment you need for home comfort half of the year. You need the job done right the first time around. To ensure your peace of mind when you choose ABC, we offer several worry-free guarantees, including a no-nonsense parts and labor warranty, customer service guarantee, and “no surprises” pricing guarantee. In the end, we’re not happy until our customers are 100% satisfied!
Here are some of the boiler repair services we offer our Chicago customers:
- Leak Repair
- Circulator Pump Repair
- Thermostat Repair
- Diaphragm and Motorized Valve Repair
- Fixes for Gurgling or Banging Noises
- Corrections for Pressure Loss Issues
When to Repair Your Boiler
Boilers are made to last, but they still break down occasionally. Here are some common reasons our customers call us for boiler repair in Chicago:
- Home comfort problems: Whether your boiler heats inadequately or creates hot and cold spots around your home, these comfort problems can be remedied with professional repair services from ABC.
- Pilot light won’t stay lit: Depending on the type of boiler you have, the equipment may rely on a pilot light to ignite the burners. If the light keeps going out, a thorough cleaning may be needed to remove built-up deposits and fix the issue.
- Strange sounds: Gurgling and banging are typical boiler sounds caused by low pressure or air in the system. Don’t ignore these noises, or they could develop into worse problems and more costly repairs. Our heating experts can remedy strange boiler sounds with a quick visit to your home.
- Heating bills are on the rise: Performance issues could be causing your heater to run inefficiently. A repair is often all you need to restore more reasonable energy bills.
How Does a Working Boiler Deliver Heat?
When your boiler is running correctly, you most likely don’t give it much thought. However, when things go awry, you might realize that you don’t actually know much about your boiler. There are many boiler system types serviced by boiler repair companies, but regardless of the system, the principle is always the same: transfer heat to water and move that heated water around the home to deliver heat to rooms.
In the case of most boiler systems, an element will heat a reservoir, or water tank, and that water will be sent through a network of pipes to reach either radiators or floor units along the baseboard. If you’re not sure if your boiler is working in the first place, you can usually tell by simply holding a hand near one of these heat radiators and feel the heat. If you’re not getting much or anything at all, then it’s time to first check the thermostat, and then call for boiler services!
Looking for boiler repair near you in Chicago? Contact ABC today for complete boiler solutions and 24-hour emergency repair!
Don’t I Need a Plumber for Boiler Repair?
If you’re typing in “residential boiler repair near me” and feeling a bit confused about the results, you’re not alone! Boilers make use of many pipes and water systems in order to deliver the powerful heat that boilers are known for, so thinking a plumber is what you’re after for water boiler repair isn’t much of a stretch. In fact, you’ll find that many boiler repair companies also provide plumbing services (we do!).
However, when it comes to a boiler, the system is still most certainly a heating system at its core, and thus what you’re looking for is a heating contractor. This is because a boiler houses heating elements, electrical systems, and other components that all fall in the realm of HVAC knowledge and heating engineer training—not plumbing.
Why Hire a Professional to Repair Your Boiler?
We encourage our customers to perform basic troubleshooting before scheduling a repair, but it’s best to leave complex diagnostics and repair services to a professional. Here’s why:
- Specialized tools are necessary for repairing many boiler problems.
- Your lack of training could endanger your health and safety.
- Professional repair work comes with parts and labor warranties.
- Do-it-yourself repairs could void the manufacturer’s warranty.
Emergency Boiler Repair Services in Chicago
At ABC, we know that heating problems don’t always occur on weekdays between 9 and 5. That’s why we offer emergency boiler repairs 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including weekends and holidays. When your boiler breaks down late on a Friday night or first thing on Christmas morning, give us a call at 888-868-6667, and we’ll send a highly trained repair technician to your door right away.
Why Choose ABC As Your Chicago Boiler Services Company?
When you choose ABC for heating services in the Chicago area, our team makes you these promises:
- The job is convenient for you! Heating problems are already inconvenient, you don’t need to work with a difficult company, too. That’s why at ABC we work on your schedule.
- We perform background checks! You deserve to work with the best Chicago heating contractors, so we drug test and perform background checks before hiring.
- We offer stress-free heating services! With ABC, the job will be completed correctly the first time, every time. We even offer a worry-free guarantee at no cost.
- There will be no surprises! Worried that the job is going to take a few hours? Don’t stress—we price by the job, not by the hours.
Choose ABC for Boiler Repair in the Chicagoland Area & Suburbs
Tired of dealing with an inoperable boiler? Or, maybe your heating system is only heating half the rooms in your home? Whether you need a new heating system installed or an existing unit repaired, there’s only one name to know—ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. With more than six decades of experience handling Chicago’s heating problems, our team at ABC has the experience and know-how to get any heating issue diagnosed and resolved quickly and efficiently.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–