Ductless Mini-Split Installation & Replacement in Chicago, IL
Ductless mini-splits are a cost-effective investment that will provide up to 30 years of reliable heating and cooling comfort! However, even the best-built and maintained system won’t last forever. At ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling, and Electric, our certified, licensed, and insured HVAC technicians can help you choose and install the ideal ductless mini-split replacement for your needs. We offer a full range of systems from leading manufacturers and will help you select a system that provides the reliability, energy efficiency, and longevity you desire.
Benefits of Installing a Ductless Mini-Split System
There are many benefits to choosing a ductless mini-split for your home or apartment, including:
- Easy zoning: Ductless mini-splits make it easy to zone your home. This gives you greater control over your comfort and helps reduce your monthly utility bills.
- Heating & cooling in one unit: Ductless mini-splits can provide energy-efficient cooling in the summer months and effective heating in the winter.
- Longevity: Ductless mini-splits are built to last, with most units providing 20+ years of reliable operation.
- No ducts: No ductwork means easier installation and superior performance. This reduces installation time, cost, and the potential for air loss through leaky ductwork.
Installation & Replacement
Our HVAC specialists will perform detailed load calculations and help you determine your home’s best unit and installation location. We will prepare the installation site, connect the indoor/outdoor units, test your system, and show you how to achieve optimal system performance. When replacing your old ductless mini-split, we will remove the unit from your property and ensure it’s disposed of in an eco-friendly manner.
Signs You Need To Replace Your System
If you notice the following signs, we recommend scheduling a service appointment with our licensed and insured HVAC technicians. We’ll inspect your system and help you determine whether the unit can be repaired or requires replacement.
- Expensive repairs: If any repair exceeds 50% of the replacement cost or the unit is nearing the end of its expected life span, we recommend replacing rather than repairing the unit.
- Increased repair frequency: If you’re constantly calling ABC for repairs or if the cost of repairs is trending upward, replacing your system can be a cost-effective option to ensure your comfort and preserve your budget.
- Increased utility bills: Older mini-splits are less efficient than newer models. As the unit ages, efficiency will gradually decline to a point at which your existing unit is far costlier to operate than an energy-efficient replacement.
Why Choose ABC?
The team at ABC believes every client deserves superior service and comfort. We guarantee your satisfaction and will always give you honest, upfront pricing. We won’t ever upsell services and systems you don’t need! We offer 24/7 emergency service and will always go above and beyond to ensure you get honest advice, reliable service, and exceptional comfort!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I replace my ductless mini-split myself?
How long does it take to install a new ductless mini-split?
Can refrigerants within ductless mini-splits be recharged?
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +