Will Adjusting Your Thermostat Really Save You Money?
You’re looking for ways to save a few bucks on energy bills and let’s face it, you’re not alone. There’s a fine line between keeping your home at a comfortable temperature and finding ways to cut back on energy consumption and we understand that it can be a real burden at times. But adjusting your thermostat correctly can make a BIG difference – you just need to follow a few simple steps:
Will adjusting your thermostat really save you money? The quick answer is, yes. But it all depends on your methodology. Now that cooler temperatures are making their way into town, here’s what you should be doing and why it matters:
- According to the Department of Energy, for every degree you lower the target temperature, you’ll save 1% of fuel over an 8-hour period. (This is true during fall and winter months)
- Lowering the thermostat in the winter means your house might be a bit colder, but your furnace won’t kick on as frequently so it’ll use less energy and save you money.
- While temperatures are still quite warm, the opposite is beneficial. Sure, turning your thermostat up a few degrees will make the house feel a bit warmer but your system won’t be running as frequently.
- Programmable thermostats are your friend. There’s no reason to have your hvac system running all day long while nobody’s home. Set it so it only kicks on at certain times and take note of how much energy and money you’re saving.
One call makes it simple. For over 60 years, ABC has been providing plumbing, heating, cooling and electrical services to homes all across Chicagoland. At ABC, our people provide professional service with a personal touch.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +