Why Is My Furnace Clicking?
Click. Click. Click. Sound familiar? No, we’re not talking about your car or that strange bug outside – we’re talking about your furnace. Sure, you’ve probably heard lots of noises coming from your home’s heating system, but this one seems to be something out of the ordinary. What could it be? Find out below:
Different noises could mean there’s a variety of things going on inside your furnace, we’re going to focus on clicking noises here:
- The Ignition System: if you’ve got a gas furnace and are noticing a clicking noise, it could mean the spark igniter isn’t working properly. The spark igniter is the piece that lights the burners in order to produce heat.
- Worn Out Bearings: if you opened up a furnace’s motor, you’d find a number of bearings. And if the bearings are worn out, they can produce a clicking sound. You’ll want to get them replaced right away otherwise the motor can burn itself out.
- Gas Valve: notice the sound at random times throughout the day or night without any sort of pattern? Chances are it’s a problem with the gas valve. In most areas, it’s required by law for your gas company to come out to inspect this problem and replace your home’s meter if it’s not operating properly.
Need an expert to come take a look at your home’s heating system. You’ve come to the right place! The professional heating technicians at ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric have years of experience under their belts and are more than happy to help! Call us to schedule an appointment and don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +