How to Choose a Sump Pump
Have you ever had a flood in your basement? If you have, you know how devastating heavy summer rains can be and if you haven’t, consider yourself lucky. While sump pumps are a great solution if your home has a water problem, there are a few things you should know before making a purchase.
1. When the heavy rains hit they often knock out your power as well. For the ultimate peace of mind, many people choose a battery backup system. These systems work when the power doesn’t. We carry the best in battery backup systems.
2. If you have the option, choose a submersible pump over a pedestal pump. They allow the sump pit to be covered with a lid which will drastically reduce noise and stop debris from falling into the pit.
3. Don’t choose an inexpensive model just to save money. Go with a pump that has a cast iron core rather than a plastic core because cast iron helps to dissipate heat to the surrounding water. This will ultimately increase the lifespan of your machine.
Still not sure about what kind of sump pump you need? Contact the professionals at ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric today! We’ll be glad to help.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +