6 Ways to Keep Pipes From Freezing During Extreme Cold
1. Open cabinet doors under sinks to allow warm air to circulate.
2. Potential problem areas inside walls can be heated with a low wattage incandescent bulb. Ensure there are no flammable materials near the bulb.
3. Close or seal foundation vents near water pipes.
4. Insulate foundation walls with rigid foam insulation.
5. If the crawlspace is accessible blow warm air from inside the home down to the foundation.
6. Running a trickle of water to keep the water flowing can prevent burst pipes when ice begins to form inside pipes.
Have frozen pipes? Call ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric. We can safely thaw the pipes and repair any damage.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–