Water, Don’t Waste It
While conserving water is imperative all year ‘round, it’s especially important during the summer months. Why? Between lawns drying out, giving your vehicles a much needed shine and drinking more water to stay hydrated, water usage levels are often higher during the warm season. See below to find out how you can cut back on consumption this time of year:
- Have a habit of trimming the lower branches and leaves on shrubs and trees? Don’t. Letting them grow so that they eventually fall and accumulate on the soil will help reduce evaporation. As result, your garden or yard may not need to be watered as frequently.
- When was the last time you inspected your sprinkler system? We recommend going outside to make sure the valves aren’t leaking and that the sprinkler heads are working properly.
- Washing fruits and veggies? Do so in a pan or a pot to catch the excess water rather than letting it all run down the drain. Then use it to water your plants!
- Use a hose nozzle or turn off the water while you wash your car. Letting it run the whole time could lead to 100+ gallons of water wasted.
- Need to clean the walkway or driveway? Use a broom instead of the hose.
Notice a leak inside or outside of your home this summer? One call makes it simple. For over 60 years, ABC has been providing plumbing, heating, cooling and electrical services to homes all across Chicagoland. At ABC, our people provide professional service with a personal touch.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–