6 Water Conservation Tricks to Try Today
Water is something that can easily be taken for granted. We leave the faucet on while brushing our teeth, let the water heat up in the shower before we get in and run the dishwasher while it’s only half filled. While it may seem like there’s an endless supply, that is definitely not the case and our responsibility to cut down on water consumption today. The best part? Saving water is easier than you thought.
- Washing dishes by hand? Don’t leave the water running. Instead, fill one of the basins with warm soapy water and use that to scrub the dishes. Then rinse them quickly with clean water in the other basin.
- Replace those old fixtures with low-flow options. This includes shower heads, toilets and faucets. “Low-flow” means it uses less than 2.5 gallons per minute.
- Check for leaks. A quick walkthrough of your house will do the trick. Take a look at faucets and pipes for drips – because even a small drip can waste upwards of 20 gallons per day.
- Only use the toilet for human waste. Leave all other bathroom items for the trash can because every time you flush the toilet you could be wasting almost 5 gallons of water if you have an older model.
- Cut down on shower time. Pick 2-3 of your favorite songs, as long as they’re roughly 2-3 minutes in length and get out as soon as the last song is finished.
- Don’t water your lawn on windy days. Wind can blow sprinklers off target and you’ll wind up with a soaking wet driveway or walkway instead of the lawn.
One call makes it simple. For over 60 years, ABC has been providing plumbing, heating, cooling and electrical services to homes all across Chicagoland. At ABC, our people provide professional service with a personal touch.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–