6 Water Conservation Tricks to Try Today
Water is something that can easily be taken for granted. We leave the faucet on while brushing our teeth, let the water heat up in the shower before we get in and run the dishwasher while it’s only half filled. While it may seem like there’s an endless supply, that is definitely not the case and our responsibility to cut down on water consumption today. The best part? Saving water is easier than you thought.
- Washing dishes by hand? Don’t leave the water running. Instead, fill one of the basins with warm soapy water and use that to scrub the dishes. Then rinse them quickly with clean water in the other basin.
- Replace those old fixtures with low-flow options. This includes shower heads, toilets and faucets. “Low-flow” means it uses less than 2.5 gallons per minute.
- Check for leaks. A quick walkthrough of your house will do the trick. Take a look at faucets and pipes for drips – because even a small drip can waste upwards of 20 gallons per day.
- Only use the toilet for human waste. Leave all other bathroom items for the trash can because every time you flush the toilet you could be wasting almost 5 gallons of water if you have an older model.
- Cut down on shower time. Pick 2-3 of your favorite songs, as long as they’re roughly 2-3 minutes in length and get out as soon as the last song is finished.
- Don’t water your lawn on windy days. Wind can blow sprinklers off target and you’ll wind up with a soaking wet driveway or walkway instead of the lawn.
One call makes it simple. For over 60 years, ABC has been providing plumbing, heating, cooling and electrical services to homes all across Chicagoland. At ABC, our people provide professional service with a personal touch.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–