Our phone system is currently down. For emergency service, please fill out a contact form on our website or message us on Facebook.
Servicing the Chicagoland Area & Suburbs
Emergency 24/7 Service
Call Today! 888-868-6667
Menu
Call Today! 888-868-6667
Contact Us
  • 24/7

  • Give Us a Call Anytime!Emergency Service Available
  • 888-868-6667

Understanding Furnace Efficiency With The Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) Rating

Posted on: December 19, 2013

It is estimated that around 25% of the furnaces in American homes is more than 20 years old. These older furnaces are often inefficent, sending up to 20% of the heat they produce out the chimney.

A common measurement of furnace efficiency is The Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). AFUE is a measurement of the percentage of heat delivered for each unit of fuel supplied. Older gas furnaces may have an AFUE of around 80%, which means the furnace converts 80% of the fuel into heat for your home, while expelling the other 20% outside the home.

A newer, high-efficiency furnace can operate at up to 95% AFUE. This can add up to real savings. Depending on the age and efficiency of your old furnace, a new furnace could pay for itself to pay for itself in lower energy bills in as little as 5 to 8 years.

Read What Your
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
  • “Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”

  • “My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”

  • “I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”

  • “Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”

  • “Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”

  • “I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”

Read more
Powered by
Our Promises to You
  • Convenient for You!

    We work on your
    schedule.

    Schedule today
  • Background Checks!

    Drug test and back ground
    checks before hiring.

    Learn More
  • No Need for Stress!

    ABC worry-free guarantee
    at no cost.

    Get Started
  • No Surprises!

    Pricing by the job, not
    the hour.

    Contact Us