Troubleshooting Low Water Pressure
Has the stream of water coming from your shower head dwindled down to a slow trickle? Low water pressure can make daily activities seem nearly impossible, but you don’t have to live with it forever. Since it can be caused by a variety of sources, check the following areas to get your water flowing with power once again:
1. Do you only have low water pressure in one particular faucet? There might be a clog in the aerator. To clear it, remove the end of the faucet, soak the aerator in a mixture of water and vinegar and then use a toothpick to get rid of tiny debris. Before you replace it, turn the water on. If the pressure is still low the problem might be coming from somewhere else.
2. Check the valves. The pressure reducing valve (PRV) is bell-shaped and can usually be found on the line where the water enters your home. You can adjust it to meet your water pressure needs by turning the screw on the valve clockwise. If this doesn’t do the trick, check the shut-off valve. Even if it’s turned ever so slightly, your water pressure can be affected. Make sure it’s turned so that it’s completely open.
3. Check for leaks. Perform a quick inspection of your basement and around the water fixtures in your home. If you notice any water spots, you may have a leak. Whether it’s as simple as a leaky faucet or as major as a water main break, either of these scenarios could be causing low water pressure.
Still can’t seem to find the source? Contact the professional plumbers at ABC and we’ll come by to assess the situation. Give us a call to schedule an appointment today!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +