Top Ways To Save Energy This Summer and Cut Your Home Cooling Costs
As much as 60 percent of the average home’s energy costs come from heating and air conditioning, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. With a few home improvements and changes in your household routine you can greatly decrease the amount of money you spend on your utility bill.
- Seal Air Leaks – Fixing drafty windows, doors and outlets will keep the cool air inside in the summer and prevent heat loss in the winter.
- Use to CFL or LED Lights – Conventional incandescent bulbs emit a lot of heat. You’ll save electricity and keep your home cooler with energy-efficient light bulbs.
- Curtains and Blinds – Keep south and west facing windows covered on hot days and opened during cool evenings.
- Program The Thermostat – Program the thermostat to turn air conditioning off when you’re away.
- Add Attic Insulation – Insulation will cut heating and cooling costs by 10 percent or more.
- Ventilate Your Attic – Ventilation fans prevent excessive heat from accumulating up in the attic.
- Check Your Air Ducts – Sealing and insulating your home’s air distribution system will increase your cooling system’s efficiency.
- Plant a Tree – Deciduous trees will shade your home in summer while allowing the warmth of the sun through in the winter.
- Scheduled Maintenance – Regular maintenance is essential for keep your home heating and cooling system operating reliably and at peak efficiency.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Keith and his crew were top notch. Calm/cool, trustworthy, efficient, respectful, reliable, thorough, communicative and reassuring. And at the end of the day, quality work! For the bigger projects, I feel confident knowing we have a go-to service to call.”–
“ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric are fantastic. I recently used them to replace my sump pump, which had exploded! They were very friendly on the phone and Rick H., our technician was fantastic. He explained things thoroughly, we was efficient and very nice. Will definitely be using him and…”–
“On only a day's notice, Adam came very prepared. He knew immediately what was the issue in each case. He replaced one toilet and repaired another. The bathrooms were left in great order and very clean. I am looking forward to having more work done by Adam and ABC.”–
“ABC was reliable and professional. Mike G was our technician and was a pleasure to work with. Down to earth, no pressure and gave you a straight answer to what you needed. Felt like I got an honest appraisal and was given a great quote. Will be calling them back…”–
“You never know for sure what you'll get when you need a contractor in a pinch. I chose ABC Plumbing out of my 2017 Best Picks Report for contractors because ABC was their top choice. After working them, I will use them again and tell everyone who needs this kind…”–
“EXCELLENT and FAST service provided by ABC plumbing and superb work at our home provided by Tom Glaza. He fielded, diagnosed and fixed all electrical issues. Tom is knowledgeable, friendly, efficient and explains everything in detail to customer so you know what he is fixing and gives accurate up front…”–