Top Ways To Save Energy This Summer and Cut Your Home Cooling Costs
As much as 60 percent of the average home’s energy costs come from heating and air conditioning, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. With a few home improvements and changes in your household routine you can greatly decrease the amount of money you spend on your utility bill.
- Seal Air Leaks – Fixing drafty windows, doors and outlets will keep the cool air inside in the summer and prevent heat loss in the winter.
- Use to CFL or LED Lights – Conventional incandescent bulbs emit a lot of heat. You’ll save electricity and keep your home cooler with energy-efficient light bulbs.
- Curtains and Blinds – Keep south and west facing windows covered on hot days and opened during cool evenings.
- Program The Thermostat – Program the thermostat to turn air conditioning off when you’re away.
- Add Attic Insulation – Insulation will cut heating and cooling costs by 10 percent or more.
- Ventilate Your Attic – Ventilation fans prevent excessive heat from accumulating up in the attic.
- Check Your Air Ducts – Sealing and insulating your home’s air distribution system will increase your cooling system’s efficiency.
- Plant a Tree – Deciduous trees will shade your home in summer while allowing the warmth of the sun through in the winter.
- Scheduled Maintenance – Regular maintenance is essential for keep your home heating and cooling system operating reliably and at peak efficiency.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–