Top Ways To Save Energy This Summer and Cut Your Home Cooling Costs
As much as 60 percent of the average home’s energy costs come from heating and air conditioning, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. With a few home improvements and changes in your household routine you can greatly decrease the amount of money you spend on your utility bill.
- Seal Air Leaks – Fixing drafty windows, doors and outlets will keep the cool air inside in the summer and prevent heat loss in the winter.
- Use to CFL or LED Lights – Conventional incandescent bulbs emit a lot of heat. You’ll save electricity and keep your home cooler with energy-efficient light bulbs.
- Curtains and Blinds – Keep south and west facing windows covered on hot days and opened during cool evenings.
- Program The Thermostat – Program the thermostat to turn air conditioning off when you’re away.
- Add Attic Insulation – Insulation will cut heating and cooling costs by 10 percent or more.
- Ventilate Your Attic – Ventilation fans prevent excessive heat from accumulating up in the attic.
- Check Your Air Ducts – Sealing and insulating your home’s air distribution system will increase your cooling system’s efficiency.
- Plant a Tree – Deciduous trees will shade your home in summer while allowing the warmth of the sun through in the winter.
- Scheduled Maintenance – Regular maintenance is essential for keep your home heating and cooling system operating reliably and at peak efficiency.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–