Tips For Homeowners Video – Extension Cords
Extension cords are a fantastic invention. But it’s important to use them safely. Each year thousands of accidents result from improper extension cord usage. Here are some extension cord safety tips and information.
1. Don’t use a cord that feels hot. Extension cords can overheat if the appliance you have plugged in draws more current than the cord can carry. Overheated cords can start fires.
2. Never use an inside rated extension cord outside. Outside rated cords have thinner jackets than outside cords. It’s safe to use an outdoor rated extension cord inside.
3. Keep extension cords out of high traffic areas like doorways or walkways where it can pose a tripping hazard. If you need to use an extension cord in a high traffic area, make it a temporary solution.
If you find it necessary to use extension cords on a regular basis, chances are you have too few outlets in your home. If you need more outlets or have broken outlets that need repair, call ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric, we’ll be happy to help you out.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +