5 Tips For a Safer Bathroom
Did you know that nearly 235,000 nonfatal bathroom injuries take place each year? Your bathroom may not be the first place that comes to mind when we think of dangerous areas of the home, but if you’re not careful you can really hurt yourself. In honor of National Bathroom Safety Month, we have put together a list of some bathroom safety tips below:
1. Throw rugs are the number one cause of household falls. Get rid of these slippery floor coverings or use slip-resistant backings to prevent falls.
2. Soap scum and mold can become slippery in the tub. Be sure to clean it at least once a week to remove grime.
3. Consider installing grab bars in the shower or tub. They’ll help you and your family members stay balanced and give you something extra to hold on to if you do happen to slip.
4. Equip your bathroom with adequate lighting. If you aren’t getting much natural light during the day, consider adding lighting fixtures and plug a nightlight in after dark so you can see where you are going.
5. Keep the floor dry. If you have a shower curtain, it’s common for it to drape outside of the shower pan which can cause your floors to become wet and slippery. Try doubling up—have one curtain hanging into the tub to trap in water and the other hanging outside the tub for aesthetics. Not only will this keep your floor drip-free, but it will also increase the lifespan of your decorative curtain!
Having a plumbing problem in the bathroom? Let ABC take care of it for you! As a family owned company, we pride ourselves in exceptional customer service from answering your call to dispatching our trusted, qualified technicians. Getting your job done in one visit is our top priority, which is why we carry all equipment within our signature green mobile warehouse.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–