5 Tips For a Safer Bathroom
Did you know that nearly 235,000 nonfatal bathroom injuries take place each year? Your bathroom may not be the first place that comes to mind when we think of dangerous areas of the home, but if you’re not careful you can really hurt yourself. In honor of National Bathroom Safety Month, we have put together a list of some bathroom safety tips below:
1. Throw rugs are the number one cause of household falls. Get rid of these slippery floor coverings or use slip-resistant backings to prevent falls.
2. Soap scum and mold can become slippery in the tub. Be sure to clean it at least once a week to remove grime.
3. Consider installing grab bars in the shower or tub. They’ll help you and your family members stay balanced and give you something extra to hold on to if you do happen to slip.
4. Equip your bathroom with adequate lighting. If you aren’t getting much natural light during the day, consider adding lighting fixtures and plug a nightlight in after dark so you can see where you are going.
5. Keep the floor dry. If you have a shower curtain, it’s common for it to drape outside of the shower pan which can cause your floors to become wet and slippery. Try doubling up—have one curtain hanging into the tub to trap in water and the other hanging outside the tub for aesthetics. Not only will this keep your floor drip-free, but it will also increase the lifespan of your decorative curtain!
Having a plumbing problem in the bathroom? Let ABC take care of it for you! As a family owned company, we pride ourselves in exceptional customer service from answering your call to dispatching our trusted, qualified technicians. Getting your job done in one visit is our top priority, which is why we carry all equipment within our signature green mobile warehouse.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–