5 Tips For a Safer Bathroom
Did you know that nearly 235,000 nonfatal bathroom injuries take place each year? Your bathroom may not be the first place that comes to mind when we think of dangerous areas of the home, but if you’re not careful you can really hurt yourself. In honor of National Bathroom Safety Month, we have put together a list of some bathroom safety tips below:
1. Throw rugs are the number one cause of household falls. Get rid of these slippery floor coverings or use slip-resistant backings to prevent falls.
2. Soap scum and mold can become slippery in the tub. Be sure to clean it at least once a week to remove grime.
3. Consider installing grab bars in the shower or tub. They’ll help you and your family members stay balanced and give you something extra to hold on to if you do happen to slip.
4. Equip your bathroom with adequate lighting. If you aren’t getting much natural light during the day, consider adding lighting fixtures and plug a nightlight in after dark so you can see where you are going.
5. Keep the floor dry. If you have a shower curtain, it’s common for it to drape outside of the shower pan which can cause your floors to become wet and slippery. Try doubling up—have one curtain hanging into the tub to trap in water and the other hanging outside the tub for aesthetics. Not only will this keep your floor drip-free, but it will also increase the lifespan of your decorative curtain!
Having a plumbing problem in the bathroom? Let ABC take care of it for you! As a family owned company, we pride ourselves in exceptional customer service from answering your call to dispatching our trusted, qualified technicians. Getting your job done in one visit is our top priority, which is why we carry all equipment within our signature green mobile warehouse.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–