Summer Electrical Safety Tips
During the warm summer days we’ll be spending more time outdoors around the house. To stay safe, it’s important to be aware of some common electrical hazards.
1. Keep power tools and yourself at least 10 feet away from power lines. Remember that electricity can jump to nearby objects.
2. Before digging call your local utility company or the national 811 number to learn the location of buried underground power lines and other utilities.
3. Check that all outside outlets have ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) to automatically turn off the power if a plugged in item comes in contact with water.
4. Never use a gas powered portable power generator indoors or near doors or windows where fumes could enter the house.
5. Make sure your backup generator is properly grounded.
6. Extension cords should only be used for temporary and short-term power.
7. Make sure extension cords used outside are label “For Outdoor Use”.
8. Protect all outdoor outlets with weatherproof covers.
Have questions about your home’s electrical system? Call ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric, we’re here to help.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–