Strike Out Fires This Holiday Season
The winter holiday season is supposed to be a relaxing time spent with close friends and family members, eating, laughing and sharing love. But that can easily change if something inside your home catches fire. It’s vital to follow the simple tips below to ensure a happy and safe holiday season:
Keep these tips in mind while decorating:
- Keep your Christmas tree at least 3 feet away from all sources of heat. This includes the fireplace, radiators and heat vents.
- Choose ones that are flame resistant and that don’t produce lots of heat. Stick to LEDs when it comes to lights.
- Be careful with candles. Keep them away from decorations and other things that can easily catch fire such as window treatments, carpets and loose clothing.
- Never use outdoor lights indoors and vice versa. They are rated for use inside or out for specific reasons so be sure to purchase the right ones for the job.
- Avoid using nails or staples to hang lights. Clips are a safer alternative because there’s less of a chance of damaging the cords.
Keep these tips in mind while entertaining:
- Be sure to test smoke alarms before your guests arrive.
- Keep children and pets away from lit candles.
- Never leave the kitchen while cooking on the stove. If you must step away, have somebody keep an eye on whatever it is you’re cooking until you return.
- Ask smokers to do so outside – away from decorations.
Need a professional plumber or HVAC technician this winter? One call makes it simple because it’s as easy as ABC! We’ve been serving the entire Chicagoland area for over 60 years, so you know you can count on us.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–