Strike Out Fires This Holiday Season
The winter holiday season is supposed to be a relaxing time spent with close friends and family members, eating, laughing and sharing love. But that can easily change if something inside your home catches fire. It’s vital to follow the simple tips below to ensure a happy and safe holiday season:
Keep these tips in mind while decorating:
- Keep your Christmas tree at least 3 feet away from all sources of heat. This includes the fireplace, radiators and heat vents.
- Choose ones that are flame resistant and that don’t produce lots of heat. Stick to LEDs when it comes to lights.
- Be careful with candles. Keep them away from decorations and other things that can easily catch fire such as window treatments, carpets and loose clothing.
- Never use outdoor lights indoors and vice versa. They are rated for use inside or out for specific reasons so be sure to purchase the right ones for the job.
- Avoid using nails or staples to hang lights. Clips are a safer alternative because there’s less of a chance of damaging the cords.
Keep these tips in mind while entertaining:
- Be sure to test smoke alarms before your guests arrive.
- Keep children and pets away from lit candles.
- Never leave the kitchen while cooking on the stove. If you must step away, have somebody keep an eye on whatever it is you’re cooking until you return.
- Ask smokers to do so outside – away from decorations.
Need a professional plumber or HVAC technician this winter? One call makes it simple because it’s as easy as ABC! We’ve been serving the entire Chicagoland area for over 60 years, so you know you can count on us.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +