Stop the Drip
It’s time to put an end to that annoying dripping faucet! Think about what life could be like, coming home to a sink that no longer dripped and how much water you’ll be conserving once the problem is fixed. Best of all, with just a few household tools and a replacement part or two, you can solve the problem once and for all!
You’ve been putting off the faucet repair because it’s expensive and time-consuming, right? Wrong! You probably already have the necessary tools lying around your home: a Phillips-head screwdriver and some WD-40. While you may not have replacement washers or O-rings lying around, you can get those at your local hardware store. Put these tools and parts together and in just a few minutes you can sit back and enjoy a dripless faucet.
- Make sure you turn off the water supply before buckling down to do the work. This includes making sure the handles are in the off position and the valves underneath the sink are turned off as well.
- Remove the handles and unscrew the mounting screws using your screwdriver. If you can’t seem to get them to turn, apply a bit of oil to loosen them up. Then loosen the packing nut and remove the stem.
- Take a moment to inspect the O-ring and the washer inside the valve as either of these parts could be the cause of your leak. If they look damaged, replace them with a new part, but make sure the new ones are the exact same size. A washer or O-ring that “almost” fits will “almost” stop the leak.
- Reassemble the parts and put the handles back on. Then turn the water supply valves and the handles to the on position to make sure nothing is leaking.
If your faucet is still leaking, you may need to call in the professionals – that’s where we come in. The expert plumbers at ABC will be able to identify the exact cause of the leak and take any necessary measures to fix the problem. Call us at to schedule an appointment today!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +