3 Signs It’s Time To Replace Your Water Heater
Don’t be like most homeowners who have no idea when their water heater is about to kick the bucket. A little bit of knowledge goes a long way – it can save you the headache of going days without hot water or paying out of pocket for costly repairs. Here are three indicators that your water heater is on the fritz.
1. Old Age: Water heaters aren’t made to last forever. Most models only have an 8-12 year lifespan so if yours is approaching this range, it might be time to upgrade. Just think about how much more energy-efficient they’ve made products in the last couple of years – you’ll see a drastic increase in savings each year.
2. Rust: Have rusty water coming out of your faucets? While this doesn’t necessarily mean that your water heater is on its way out (rusty water can be a result of rusty pipes), it’s worth testing further. Drain about three buckets of water from the tank and if it’s still rusty after the third, it’s likely that the inside of the tank has rusted.
3. Leaks: Notice water around the base of your water heater? Wipe it dry with a towel and come back to check on it the following day. If there’s water on the floor again it means your tank is leaking and it should be replaced right away.
Having water heater troubles? Give the expert plumbers at ABC a call today! An experienced plumber will arrive at your home with all the tools, materials and expertise to repair your water heater fast.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +