5 Quick Dishwasher Fixes
Ever open the dishwasher after a cycle to realize that all of your dishes and utensils are still dirty? There’s nothing more frustrating if you ask us. See below to find out how you can get your machine to leave your kitchen items sparkling clean once again!
- Check the spray arms. Sometimes they get clogged with food particles or soap residue and don’t work like they’re supposed to. Hard water is another common reason why the spray arm could clog but you can use warm water and vinegar to get them back in action.
- Don’t throw out that old toothbrush. Use it to clean off any dried-on food that could be causing an improper seal around the door. If it’s not closing properly, you could see some major problems with your appliance.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the soap tray. Large pots or pans could be blocking the door causing it to stay closed. It could be also be stuck shut from soap residue.
- Run a cycle with nothing inside. Sometimes detergent can build up inside so it’s a good idea to run a rinse. Pour some vinegar into the dishwasher and run it on the “rinse and hold” cycle.
- Clear the drain line. Just be sure to turn off the power, then you can check to see if the line is blocked.
Having issues with the drain line? The expert plumbers at ABC can help you! Call us today.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–