5 Quick Dishwasher Fixes
Ever open the dishwasher after a cycle to realize that all of your dishes and utensils are still dirty? There’s nothing more frustrating if you ask us. See below to find out how you can get your machine to leave your kitchen items sparkling clean once again!
- Check the spray arms. Sometimes they get clogged with food particles or soap residue and don’t work like they’re supposed to. Hard water is another common reason why the spray arm could clog but you can use warm water and vinegar to get them back in action.
- Don’t throw out that old toothbrush. Use it to clean off any dried-on food that could be causing an improper seal around the door. If it’s not closing properly, you could see some major problems with your appliance.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the soap tray. Large pots or pans could be blocking the door causing it to stay closed. It could be also be stuck shut from soap residue.
- Run a cycle with nothing inside. Sometimes detergent can build up inside so it’s a good idea to run a rinse. Pour some vinegar into the dishwasher and run it on the “rinse and hold” cycle.
- Clear the drain line. Just be sure to turn off the power, then you can check to see if the line is blocked.
Having issues with the drain line? The expert plumbers at ABC can help you! Call us today.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–