Proven Ways To Conserve Water This Season
Did you know that the average person uses about 80 – 100 gallons of water each day? At first glance this may not seem possible, but take a second to think about how many times you flush the toilet, run the faucet and how much time you spend in the shower. It all adds up, but there a few key ways you can cut down on water consumption this season:
1. How old is your toilet? If it’s more than 10 years, chances are it’s not as efficient as models on the market today. Shop around for low-flow toilets and fixtures and you’ll be amazed at how much you can save.
2. Have an in-ground sprinkler system? Take note of temperatures outside and seasonal weather patterns. They often change each month so be sure to adjust your watering schedule to match.
3. Looking for a more efficient way to water plants and trees? Have a plumber re-route your greywater to areas that need it most.
4. Don’t forget to check outdoor hoses, faucets and sprinklers for leaks. It’s much easier for homeowners to spot a leak outdoors.
5. Using the hose outside to power a sprinkler or water plants? Set a timer in the kitchen so you’re reminded to turn it off in a reasonable period. Overwatering does more damage to flowers and plants than underwatering.
Outdoor leaks can really drive up your water bill if left unattended. And sometimes they can be very tricky. Call on the experts at ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric to get them fixed quickly and efficiently so you can enjoy your time outdoors this season.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–