Proven Ways To Conserve Water This Season
Did you know that the average person uses about 80 – 100 gallons of water each day? At first glance this may not seem possible, but take a second to think about how many times you flush the toilet, run the faucet and how much time you spend in the shower. It all adds up, but there a few key ways you can cut down on water consumption this season:
1. How old is your toilet? If it’s more than 10 years, chances are it’s not as efficient as models on the market today. Shop around for low-flow toilets and fixtures and you’ll be amazed at how much you can save.
2. Have an in-ground sprinkler system? Take note of temperatures outside and seasonal weather patterns. They often change each month so be sure to adjust your watering schedule to match.
3. Looking for a more efficient way to water plants and trees? Have a plumber re-route your greywater to areas that need it most.
4. Don’t forget to check outdoor hoses, faucets and sprinklers for leaks. It’s much easier for homeowners to spot a leak outdoors.
5. Using the hose outside to power a sprinkler or water plants? Set a timer in the kitchen so you’re reminded to turn it off in a reasonable period. Overwatering does more damage to flowers and plants than underwatering.
Outdoor leaks can really drive up your water bill if left unattended. And sometimes they can be very tricky. Call on the experts at ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric to get them fixed quickly and efficiently so you can enjoy your time outdoors this season.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Keith and his crew were top notch. Calm/cool, trustworthy, efficient, respectful, reliable, thorough, communicative and reassuring. And at the end of the day, quality work! For the bigger projects, I feel confident knowing we have a go-to service to call.”–
“ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric are fantastic. I recently used them to replace my sump pump, which had exploded! They were very friendly on the phone and Rick H., our technician was fantastic. He explained things thoroughly, we was efficient and very nice. Will definitely be using him and…”–
“On only a day's notice, Adam came very prepared. He knew immediately what was the issue in each case. He replaced one toilet and repaired another. The bathrooms were left in great order and very clean. I am looking forward to having more work done by Adam and ABC.”–
“ABC was reliable and professional. Mike G was our technician and was a pleasure to work with. Down to earth, no pressure and gave you a straight answer to what you needed. Felt like I got an honest appraisal and was given a great quote. Will be calling them back…”–
“You never know for sure what you'll get when you need a contractor in a pinch. I chose ABC Plumbing out of my 2017 Best Picks Report for contractors because ABC was their top choice. After working them, I will use them again and tell everyone who needs this kind…”–
“EXCELLENT and FAST service provided by ABC plumbing and superb work at our home provided by Tom Glaza. He fielded, diagnosed and fixed all electrical issues. Tom is knowledgeable, friendly, efficient and explains everything in detail to customer so you know what he is fixing and gives accurate up front…”–