Proven Ways To Conserve Water This Season
Did you know that the average person uses about 80 – 100 gallons of water each day? At first glance this may not seem possible, but take a second to think about how many times you flush the toilet, run the faucet and how much time you spend in the shower. It all adds up, but there a few key ways you can cut down on water consumption this season:
1. How old is your toilet? If it’s more than 10 years, chances are it’s not as efficient as models on the market today. Shop around for low-flow toilets and fixtures and you’ll be amazed at how much you can save.
2. Have an in-ground sprinkler system? Take note of temperatures outside and seasonal weather patterns. They often change each month so be sure to adjust your watering schedule to match.
3. Looking for a more efficient way to water plants and trees? Have a plumber re-route your greywater to areas that need it most.
4. Don’t forget to check outdoor hoses, faucets and sprinklers for leaks. It’s much easier for homeowners to spot a leak outdoors.
5. Using the hose outside to power a sprinkler or water plants? Set a timer in the kitchen so you’re reminded to turn it off in a reasonable period. Overwatering does more damage to flowers and plants than underwatering.
Outdoor leaks can really drive up your water bill if left unattended. And sometimes they can be very tricky. Call on the experts at ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric to get them fixed quickly and efficiently so you can enjoy your time outdoors this season.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–