Preventing Drain Disasters During the Holidays
The holidays can be particularly demanding on your home’s plumbing system, and especially drains. With the extra demands brought on by holiday visitors and large meals, the risk of clogs increases significantly.
Here are some tips to avoid drain problems during the holidays.
1. Deep frying your turkey this year? Remember to never dispose of fryer grease down the drain! Even a floor drain. Instead, put it in a sealed container and freeze it if possible before putting it in the garbage.
2. Coffee ground should not be put down the drain or disposal.
3. Make sure your kitchen and bath drains have a grate or screen to prevent debris like hair and other waste from building up in the drain pipe.
4. Rinse the drain with hot water to prevent oil and grease from accumulating.
5. If your drains are prone to clogging, consider a safe, environmentally friendly option for keeping your plumbing system working smoothly. Bio-Clean is a safe blend of bacteria and enzymes. The friendly bacteria actually eat away the build up, leaving behind only water, carbon dioxide and mineral ash. The bacteria continue to multiply, thriving on their natural food source . . . that gunky build up in your pipes and drains, completely cleaning your home’s entire plumbing system.
Have a clogged drain?
First, try physically clearing the drain with a plunger. We recommend avoiding the use of chemical drain cleaning products. They can be hazardous to use and store in the home and can damage your plumbing fixtures.
If all else fails to clear your clogged drain, Call ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. We’re here to help anytime.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–