Preparing Your Whole House Humidifier For Winter
As the cold weather settles in a whole house humidifier can help make the air in your home healthier and more comfortable. However, as with the heating system, a humidifier needs regular maintenance to ensure it operates reliably. Here are some items to check:
1. Drain Line – Ensure it is clean and free of obstructions. Over time minerals and algae can buildup and clog the line.
2. Replace the Media Panel. The media panel, or water panel, works by mixing water with the flow of hot air from the furnace. Most manufacturers recommend replacing the panel at least twice a season. If you allow the media panel to stay in the humidifier for too long, it will reduce the performance of the unit and potentially harbor unhealthy mold and bacteria.
3. Clean the Fan. Also clean off the fan’s intake vent and enclosure.
4. Check the Solenoid Valve – The solenoid valve allows water to flow through to the humidifier. When the unit is operating, ensure the the valve is opening and that water is flowing.
Finally, when the warm weather returns in the spring, remember to turn off the humidifier and discard the used media panel.
Need help with your whole house humidifier? Call ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. We can help with all your indoor air quality needs.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +