Preparing Your Home For Guests This Holiday Season
Temperatures are really beginning to cool down, the days are much shorter and we’re diving right into the holiday season. If it’s your turn to host this year, there’s a few things you need to do in order to get your home ready for holiday guests:
- Check to make sure your thermostat is working properly. You’re going to have a house full of guests and you’ll want to make sure everyone is comfortable, right? If you haven’t done so already, flip the system to “heat” and raise the temperature a few degrees to make sure the heat kicks on. If it doesn’t seem to be working, check the batteries and if that doesn’t do the trick, give us a call.
- Place a plunger in the bathroom guests will likely be using while they’re over. It’s also a good idea to stock up on toilet paper and festive napkins.
- Take some time to perform maintenance on your drains. We recommend using BioOne to get rid of any buildup and keep your drains flowing smoothly. There’s nothing worse than having to tell your guests that a bathroom is out of order.
- Have clean towels ready for anyone spending the night. You also may want to consider doing a few loads of laundry now before your guests arrive. This way you’ll be able to accommodate those who tend to stick around a bit longer than expected.
- Remember to only run the dishwasher when it’s full. Sure, you may need to do a few extra cycles due to an increase in the amount of dirty dishes, but running your machine when it’s not full is only wasting water and energy.
Should you experience any plumbing or heating problems this holiday season, don’t hesitate to call on the experts at ABC!
Wishing you a happy and safe holiday, from your friends at ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–