Preparing Your Home For Guests This Holiday Season
Temperatures are really beginning to cool down, the days are much shorter and we’re diving right into the holiday season. If it’s your turn to host this year, there’s a few things you need to do in order to get your home ready for holiday guests:
- Check to make sure your thermostat is working properly. You’re going to have a house full of guests and you’ll want to make sure everyone is comfortable, right? If you haven’t done so already, flip the system to “heat” and raise the temperature a few degrees to make sure the heat kicks on. If it doesn’t seem to be working, check the batteries and if that doesn’t do the trick, give us a call.
- Place a plunger in the bathroom guests will likely be using while they’re over. It’s also a good idea to stock up on toilet paper and festive napkins.
- Take some time to perform maintenance on your drains. We recommend using BioOne to get rid of any buildup and keep your drains flowing smoothly. There’s nothing worse than having to tell your guests that a bathroom is out of order.
- Have clean towels ready for anyone spending the night. You also may want to consider doing a few loads of laundry now before your guests arrive. This way you’ll be able to accommodate those who tend to stick around a bit longer than expected.
- Remember to only run the dishwasher when it’s full. Sure, you may need to do a few extra cycles due to an increase in the amount of dirty dishes, but running your machine when it’s not full is only wasting water and energy.
Should you experience any plumbing or heating problems this holiday season, don’t hesitate to call on the experts at ABC!
Wishing you a happy and safe holiday, from your friends at ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–