Preparing Your Home For Guests This Holiday Season
Temperatures are really beginning to cool down, the days are much shorter and we’re diving right into the holiday season. If it’s your turn to host this year, there’s a few things you need to do in order to get your home ready for holiday guests:
- Check to make sure your thermostat is working properly. You’re going to have a house full of guests and you’ll want to make sure everyone is comfortable, right? If you haven’t done so already, flip the system to “heat” and raise the temperature a few degrees to make sure the heat kicks on. If it doesn’t seem to be working, check the batteries and if that doesn’t do the trick, give us a call.
- Place a plunger in the bathroom guests will likely be using while they’re over. It’s also a good idea to stock up on toilet paper and festive napkins.
- Take some time to perform maintenance on your drains. We recommend using BioOne to get rid of any buildup and keep your drains flowing smoothly. There’s nothing worse than having to tell your guests that a bathroom is out of order.
- Have clean towels ready for anyone spending the night. You also may want to consider doing a few loads of laundry now before your guests arrive. This way you’ll be able to accommodate those who tend to stick around a bit longer than expected.
- Remember to only run the dishwasher when it’s full. Sure, you may need to do a few extra cycles due to an increase in the amount of dirty dishes, but running your machine when it’s not full is only wasting water and energy.
Should you experience any plumbing or heating problems this holiday season, don’t hesitate to call on the experts at ABC!
Wishing you a happy and safe holiday, from your friends at ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–