5 Plumbing Mistakes to Avoid
Have the plumber on speed dial? While plumbing emergencies are usually unexpected and require the knowledge and professionalism of an expert technician, other minor plumbing problems can be avoided. Stay away from these five common mistakes that make homeowners reach for the phone.
1. Don’t Treat the Garbage Disposal like a Compactor: Be very careful of what you toss down your garbage disposal. They are more delicate than you might think and tossing stringy foods like potato peels, celery and pumpkin carvings can cause major damage.
2. Watch the Weight: Have a shampoo rack hanging from your shower head? Don’t put too many bottles of shampoo or bars of soap on there. Shower fixtures aren’t made to handle heavy weight, so place them on a shelf or on the floor instead.
3. Flush This, Not That: Toilets and their pipes are designed to handle human waste and toilet paper, not action figures, paper towels or cotton balls. Throw all other bathroom toiletries in the trash and remind your children to keep their toys away from the bowl.
4. Handle the Faucet with Care: Have a leaky faucet? Pulling or pushing really hard on the handle will not stop the water from dripping. It can leave you with a broken handle or worse, a broken faucet.
5. Take Pictures: Taking apart a plumbing fixture? Take pictures so you remember exactly what you took apart and which pieces go where. When it comes to kitchen faucets and shower heads, the pieces and clips are made to fit together a certain way.
Have a plumbing emergency? Contact ABC right away and we’ll get the problem solved fast!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–