5 Outdoor Holiday Decorating Safety Tips
Is there anything better than taking a walk down the block with your family, a hot cocoa in hand, gazing at all of the festive holiday decorations? If you ask us, the answer is no. Well, there may be something a little bit better and it’s making sure this holiday season is a safe one.
If you’ve spent hours hanging lights, strategically placing decorations and making sure everything is working properly to check the list below to make sure you followed a few basic safety rules. And if you haven’t decorated yet, don’t worry you still have time.
- Never use interior lights on the outside of your home. They’re not meant to deal with things like wind, rain or snow and can catch fire or cause electrical shock if they’re used improperly.
- Avoid stapling or nailing strands of lights to the house. You’ll run the risk of piercing the wires which could lead to a number of problems. We recommend using hooks instead.
- If you’re using spotlights to illuminate decorations, make sure they’re well-ventilated and are a safe distance away from flammable items.
- Do not pinch electrical cords in windows, doors or underneath furniture.
- Be sure to turn off and unplug all decorations before leaving the house or going to sleep. Not only is this a safety measure, it can help you keep energy bills to a minimum this season.
From our family to yours, ABC is wishing you all a very happy and healthy holiday season. And remember, when you need plumbing, heating or electrical service this winter, you know you can count on us!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +