Light Switch Warning Signs
Many times your home’s electrical system will give you warning signs when there is a problem. Do any of your light switches have any of the following symptoms?
- The cover plate is warm to the touch
- There is darkening or black marks around the switch plate
- Lights flicker or turn off in their own
- Crackling, popping, or buzzing can be heard coming from the outlet
- Breakers repeatedly trip when a switch is turned on
- Burning smells are noticeable when a switch is on
- The switch is loose or wobbles around when used
- You get a shock when operating the switch
- Light intensity varies when other appliances on on or off
- The home is over 40 years old and has not had an electrical safety inspection recently.
If your light switches show any of the above symptoms, have your home’s electrical system inspected by a licensed electrician.
Remember, light switches and outlets should only be installed by a qualified electrician.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–