Light Switch Warning Signs
Many times your home’s electrical system will give you warning signs when there is a problem. Do any of your light switches have any of the following symptoms?
- The cover plate is warm to the touch
- There is darkening or black marks around the switch plate
- Lights flicker or turn off in their own
- Crackling, popping, or buzzing can be heard coming from the outlet
- Breakers repeatedly trip when a switch is turned on
- Burning smells are noticeable when a switch is on
- The switch is loose or wobbles around when used
- You get a shock when operating the switch
- Light intensity varies when other appliances on on or off
- The home is over 40 years old and has not had an electrical safety inspection recently.
If your light switches show any of the above symptoms, have your home’s electrical system inspected by a licensed electrician.
Remember, light switches and outlets should only be installed by a qualified electrician.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–