Light Switch Warning Signs
Many times your home’s electrical system will give you warning signs when there is a problem. Do any of your light switches have any of the following symptoms?
- The cover plate is warm to the touch
- There is darkening or black marks around the switch plate
- Lights flicker or turn off in their own
- Crackling, popping, or buzzing can be heard coming from the outlet
- Breakers repeatedly trip when a switch is turned on
- Burning smells are noticeable when a switch is on
- The switch is loose or wobbles around when used
- You get a shock when operating the switch
- Light intensity varies when other appliances on on or off
- The home is over 40 years old and has not had an electrical safety inspection recently.
If your light switches show any of the above symptoms, have your home’s electrical system inspected by a licensed electrician.
Remember, light switches and outlets should only be installed by a qualified electrician.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Keith and his crew were top notch. Calm/cool, trustworthy, efficient, respectful, reliable, thorough, communicative and reassuring. And at the end of the day, quality work! For the bigger projects, I feel confident knowing we have a go-to service to call.”–
“ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric are fantastic. I recently used them to replace my sump pump, which had exploded! They were very friendly on the phone and Rick H., our technician was fantastic. He explained things thoroughly, we was efficient and very nice. Will definitely be using him and…”–
“On only a day's notice, Adam came very prepared. He knew immediately what was the issue in each case. He replaced one toilet and repaired another. The bathrooms were left in great order and very clean. I am looking forward to having more work done by Adam and ABC.”–
“ABC was reliable and professional. Mike G was our technician and was a pleasure to work with. Down to earth, no pressure and gave you a straight answer to what you needed. Felt like I got an honest appraisal and was given a great quote. Will be calling them back…”–
“You never know for sure what you'll get when you need a contractor in a pinch. I chose ABC Plumbing out of my 2017 Best Picks Report for contractors because ABC was their top choice. After working them, I will use them again and tell everyone who needs this kind…”–
“EXCELLENT and FAST service provided by ABC plumbing and superb work at our home provided by Tom Glaza. He fielded, diagnosed and fixed all electrical issues. Tom is knowledgeable, friendly, efficient and explains everything in detail to customer so you know what he is fixing and gives accurate up front…”–