How to Make Your Kitchen Appliances Last
Take a second to think about how much abuse your kitchen appliances endure on a weekly basis. From leaving the refrigerator open to slamming the dishwasher closed it’s no wonder they don’t last forever. But with a little bit of grace and some maintenance here and there, you can extend the lifespan of the appliances you count on most.
1. Glass-top Ranges: Have an electric range with a glass top? Since there’s no real moving parts they should last a very long time, right? Well, yes they can, if you take care of them. Banging heavy pots and pans and using the wrong type of cookware can damage them instantly. Be sure to use flat-bottomed pots and pans and make sure they correspond with the size of the burner.
2. Refrigerators: Ever have a refrigerator fail? It can be a costly repair or an even more costly replacement. For these reasons, it’s vital to keep the condenser coils clean. You should be cleaning them at least once a year (and more frequently if you have pets). All you need to do is vacuum the coils to remove dust, dirt and debris.
3. Dishwashers: This piece of equipment goes through a lot on a weekly basis. From food caked on dishes and utensils to extreme heat and water, it covers just about all of the bases. But rust is something your machine won’t handle too well. Inspect the dish racks frequently and replace them right away if you notice any signs of rust – a new dish rack is much cheaper than replacing the entire dishwasher.
Need somebody to fix the plumbing associated with your kitchen appliances? One call makes it simple. For over 60 years, ABC has been providing plumbing, heating, cooling and electrical services to homes all across Chicagoland. At ABC, our people provide professional service with a personal touch. Call us today.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +