How To Keep Your Home Safe During Severe Storms
When severe storms are in the area it’s important to be alert to the dangers of flooding and power outages. To keep your home and family safe during and after severe storms The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) offers these tips.
1. If severe storms and heavy rains are approaching, unplug electrical devices to protect them against damage from power spikes.
2. Use battery powered flashlights and lanterns instead of candles to prevent accidental fires.
3. Have your utility company’s phone number on your phone to alert them of downed power lines.
4. If your basement becomes flooded, be aware of submerged outlets and electrical cords that can cause electrocution.
5. If your home is damaged by water have an electrician inspect your electrical system for damage before turning on the power to appliances and other electrical systems.
6. Never use outdoor grills, portable generators or other fuel burning devices indoors. They emit dangerous carbon monoxide gas.
To help you weather the storm and protect your family and property, ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric can install backup sump pumps, standby generators, and whole house surge protectors.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Keith and his crew were top notch. Calm/cool, trustworthy, efficient, respectful, reliable, thorough, communicative and reassuring. And at the end of the day, quality work! For the bigger projects, I feel confident knowing we have a go-to service to call.”–
“ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric are fantastic. I recently used them to replace my sump pump, which had exploded! They were very friendly on the phone and Rick H., our technician was fantastic. He explained things thoroughly, we was efficient and very nice. Will definitely be using him and…”–
“On only a day's notice, Adam came very prepared. He knew immediately what was the issue in each case. He replaced one toilet and repaired another. The bathrooms were left in great order and very clean. I am looking forward to having more work done by Adam and ABC.”–
“ABC was reliable and professional. Mike G was our technician and was a pleasure to work with. Down to earth, no pressure and gave you a straight answer to what you needed. Felt like I got an honest appraisal and was given a great quote. Will be calling them back…”–
“You never know for sure what you'll get when you need a contractor in a pinch. I chose ABC Plumbing out of my 2017 Best Picks Report for contractors because ABC was their top choice. After working them, I will use them again and tell everyone who needs this kind…”–
“EXCELLENT and FAST service provided by ABC plumbing and superb work at our home provided by Tom Glaza. He fielded, diagnosed and fixed all electrical issues. Tom is knowledgeable, friendly, efficient and explains everything in detail to customer so you know what he is fixing and gives accurate up front…”–