How To Keep Your Home Safe During Severe Storms
When severe storms are in the area it’s important to be alert to the dangers of flooding and power outages. To keep your home and family safe during and after severe storms The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) offers these tips.
1. If severe storms and heavy rains are approaching, unplug electrical devices to protect them against damage from power spikes.
2. Use battery powered flashlights and lanterns instead of candles to prevent accidental fires.
3. Have your utility company’s phone number on your phone to alert them of downed power lines.
4. If your basement becomes flooded, be aware of submerged outlets and electrical cords that can cause electrocution.
5. If your home is damaged by water have an electrician inspect your electrical system for damage before turning on the power to appliances and other electrical systems.
6. Never use outdoor grills, portable generators or other fuel burning devices indoors. They emit dangerous carbon monoxide gas.
To help you weather the storm and protect your family and property, ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric can install backup sump pumps, standby generators, and whole house surge protectors.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–