How To Keep Your Home Safe During Severe Storms
When severe storms are in the area it’s important to be alert to the dangers of flooding and power outages. To keep your home and family safe during and after severe storms The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) offers these tips.
1. If severe storms and heavy rains are approaching, unplug electrical devices to protect them against damage from power spikes.
2. Use battery powered flashlights and lanterns instead of candles to prevent accidental fires.
3. Have your utility company’s phone number on your phone to alert them of downed power lines.
4. If your basement becomes flooded, be aware of submerged outlets and electrical cords that can cause electrocution.
5. If your home is damaged by water have an electrician inspect your electrical system for damage before turning on the power to appliances and other electrical systems.
6. Never use outdoor grills, portable generators or other fuel burning devices indoors. They emit dangerous carbon monoxide gas.
To help you weather the storm and protect your family and property, ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric can install backup sump pumps, standby generators, and whole house surge protectors.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–