How to Fix a Broken Thermostat
Without a thermostat it would be nearly impossible to keep our homes at a comfortable temperature. After all, they control the heating during the colder months and the air conditioning in the spring and summer so homeowners are relying on them just about all year ‘round. However, just like most pieces of technology, they can run into problems from time to time. So if yours is on the fritz, read below to find out how to fix it:
- Adjust the temperature setting. If you notice your air conditioning isn’t kicking on this season when the house seems to be on the warmer side, set the thermostat 5 degrees below the normal setting. This should make the cooling system kick on.
- Make sure it’s set to “cool”. Oftentimes, homeowners forget to switch the system over to air conditioning after a long winter of heating.
- Sometimes, the condenser unit needs to be reset. Check the owner’s manual for instructions or call on the experts at ABC.
- Check the batteries in the thermostat and/or make sure the wires are connected properly. Each wire should be attached securely to its respective mounting screw.
- Check the breaker to make sure the fuse that powers the equipment has not blown.
Still can’t seem to get your thermostat or cooling system to kick on? Don’t worry, ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric is here to help! Just give us a call to schedule an appointment and we’ll get you back up and running as quickly as possible.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–