How to Fix a Broken Thermostat
Without a thermostat it would be nearly impossible to keep our homes at a comfortable temperature. After all, they control the heating during the colder months and the air conditioning in the spring and summer so homeowners are relying on them just about all year ‘round. However, just like most pieces of technology, they can run into problems from time to time. So if yours is on the fritz, read below to find out how to fix it:
- Adjust the temperature setting. If you notice your air conditioning isn’t kicking on this season when the house seems to be on the warmer side, set the thermostat 5 degrees below the normal setting. This should make the cooling system kick on.
- Make sure it’s set to “cool”. Oftentimes, homeowners forget to switch the system over to air conditioning after a long winter of heating.
- Sometimes, the condenser unit needs to be reset. Check the owner’s manual for instructions or call on the experts at ABC.
- Check the batteries in the thermostat and/or make sure the wires are connected properly. Each wire should be attached securely to its respective mounting screw.
- Check the breaker to make sure the fuse that powers the equipment has not blown.
Still can’t seem to get your thermostat or cooling system to kick on? Don’t worry, ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric is here to help! Just give us a call to schedule an appointment and we’ll get you back up and running as quickly as possible.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–