Fire Safety Tips, Holiday Edition
Did you know that U.S. fire departments responded to an annual average of 860 home fires that began with holiday decorations from 2009-2013? That’s the last thing you need when you’re preparing your home for guests this week. Find out how you can keep your home, your decorations and your family fire-free this holiday season:
- Heat and holiday decorations don’t mix. Keep them at least three feet away from the fireplace, candles, air vents and all other sources of heat.
- Carefully inspect all electrical cords and wires. Look for fraying or any other sort of damage to the wires as well as electrical outlets and remember to never string together multiple extension cords.
- Be sure to water your Christmas tree daily. Dry trees are much more likely to go up in flames.
- Check all smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they’re working properly. Now is also a great time to change the batteries if you haven’t done so in a while.
- Never leave cooking equipment unattended especially while cooking on a gas stove. If you must leave the room, even if it’s just for a quick second, ask somebody to keep an eye on the food.
We hope you have a safe and happy holiday and remember, when you need expert heating service in Chicago or the surrounding neighborhoods you can always count on the experts at ABC!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–