5 Common Toilet Problems
- Overflowing toilet bowl – Just about all of us have experienced the panic that sets in when you flush and the water level starts to rise… and rise. If you suspect the toilet drain is clogged, don’t take chances. Clear the clog before flushing. If the toilet has been flushed and the water level is rising, you can remove the toilet tank cover and press down on the flapper. The flapper seals the hole that allows the water to go into the toilet bowl, stopping the rising water.
- Clogged toilet bowl – If the toilet bowl is filled and you know that it’s clogged, try a toilet plunger. Do not flush if the toilet if the bowl is full. You will only cause the bowl to overflow run all over the floor. Chances are that there it is paper that is obstructing the pipe.
- Flapper valve – If your toilet keeps a running and doesn’t stop, it may be time to replace the flapper valve.
- Water supply valve – Sometimes sand or grit can cause the water supply inside the tank to stay on. So you hear that running noise. Replacing the valve can solve the problem.
- Not enough flushing power – Newer toilets use a gallon and a half of water. Older toilets used almost twice as much. With so little water available to force the waste down the drain, you often end up flushing more than once. If you have an older toilet with a higher flushing volume, consider keeping it rather than replacing it. By replacing the internal parts you will eliminate the need to buy a newer toilet that may not have sufficient flushing force.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–