5 Common Toilet Problems
- Overflowing toilet bowl – Just about all of us have experienced the panic that sets in when you flush and the water level starts to rise… and rise. If you suspect the toilet drain is clogged, don’t take chances. Clear the clog before flushing. If the toilet has been flushed and the water level is rising, you can remove the toilet tank cover and press down on the flapper. The flapper seals the hole that allows the water to go into the toilet bowl, stopping the rising water.
- Clogged toilet bowl – If the toilet bowl is filled and you know that it’s clogged, try a toilet plunger. Do not flush if the toilet if the bowl is full. You will only cause the bowl to overflow run all over the floor. Chances are that there it is paper that is obstructing the pipe.
- Flapper valve – If your toilet keeps a running and doesn’t stop, it may be time to replace the flapper valve.
- Water supply valve – Sometimes sand or grit can cause the water supply inside the tank to stay on. So you hear that running noise. Replacing the valve can solve the problem.
- Not enough flushing power – Newer toilets use a gallon and a half of water. Older toilets used almost twice as much. With so little water available to force the waste down the drain, you often end up flushing more than once. If you have an older toilet with a higher flushing volume, consider keeping it rather than replacing it. By replacing the internal parts you will eliminate the need to buy a newer toilet that may not have sufficient flushing force.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–