Buying a New Home? Don’t Forget To Inspect the Furnace
When buying a new home there are countless things to check to ensure there are no hidden surprises. One of the most important is the home’s furnace. Taking the time to ask questions and inspect the unit can save you potential headaches down the road. Here are some steps to take:
1. Turn on the furnace and listen for noises. Squeaks and rattles could indicate a mechanical problem, lack of maintenance or just be symptomatic of an older furnace that is showing its age.
2. Ask the real estate agent for the age of the furnace. A gas furnace will typically last 15-20 years. Also, keep in mind that older furnaces can be more expensive to operate.
3. Check the unit’s EnergySTAR rating. If you’re lucky the label will still be attached to the unit. If not, the unit’s serial number can be used to contact the manufacturer for efficiency information.
Finally, for your peace of mind, it’s a good idea to have the home’s heating and cooling system inspected to identify any potential problems that could end up costing you money in repairs or higher utility bills.
Have questions about heating systems? Call ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. We’re here to help.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +