Alternative Ways To Stay Warm This Winter
READ THIS before you run over to the thermostat to turn up the heat! Most homeowners find themselves paying higher energy bills during the cold winter months for that very reason. However, there are lots of ways to keep warm that don’t include raising the temperature and best of all, they’re FREE!
When it comes to saving on energy bills during the winter, a little bit of creativity mixed with a dash of common sense goes a very long way. Keep these tips in mind as we dive head first into colder temperatures:
- Toss your socks in the dryer for a few minutes before you put them on your feet. Why? When your extremities are cold, chances are the rest of your body will feel cold as well so keeping those toes warm will help heat your body from the ground up. You can do the same with your pants and shirts if you wish!
- Remove the cotton or satin sheets from your bed and replace them with flannel. Flannel is much warmer and much cozier and will help keep your body warm while you sleep. We also recommend swapping out the lighter blankets for a down or down-alternative comforter.
- Use the sunlight to your advantage. Open up curtains and blinds on sunny days to allow the warm rays to penetrate through windows and glass doors. Just remember to close them at night to help trap the heat inside.
- Throw on an extra layer. If you often find yourself wearing t-shirts and/or shorts inside your home during the winter season it may be time to succumb to a sweater and pants. And if that’s not enough, throw on a light jacket or sweatshirt.
Taking advantage of the tips above can give your home’s heating system a much-needed rest this winter and if you notice it’s no longer working the way it used to, don’t hesitate to call on the heating experts at ABC!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +