ABCs Winter Plumbing Checklist
With the winter right around the corner this is the time to ensure that your home’s plumbing system is prepared to withstand the cold temperatures.
1. Make sure all outdoor hoses have been disconnected and are stored for the winter.
2. If the home has a shutoff for the outdoor water supply, close the valve and turn on the outdoor faucets to drain out the water.
3. Turn up the water heater temperature to retain hot water during colder weather. The water temperature should never exceed 125°F to prevent scaling.
4. To prevent frozen pipes, ensure that there are no cracks or gaps in the foundation that could allow cold outside air to pass over water pipes.
5. If the weather gets extremely cold, letting faucets trickle water will keep the water flowing and reduce the risk of frozen pipes.
6. Flush your water heater to removed sediment that can reduce heating efficiency and cause corrosion of the tank.
Need help getting your home’s plumbing system ready for winter? Call ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–