ABCs Winter Plumbing Checklist
With the winter right around the corner this is the time to ensure that your home’s plumbing system is prepared to withstand the cold temperatures.
1. Make sure all outdoor hoses have been disconnected and are stored for the winter.
2. If the home has a shutoff for the outdoor water supply, close the valve and turn on the outdoor faucets to drain out the water.
3. Turn up the water heater temperature to retain hot water during colder weather. The water temperature should never exceed 125°F to prevent scaling.
4. To prevent frozen pipes, ensure that there are no cracks or gaps in the foundation that could allow cold outside air to pass over water pipes.
5. If the weather gets extremely cold, letting faucets trickle water will keep the water flowing and reduce the risk of frozen pipes.
6. Flush your water heater to removed sediment that can reduce heating efficiency and cause corrosion of the tank.
Need help getting your home’s plumbing system ready for winter? Call ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–