6 Ways To Stay Cool Without AC
Your home’s cooling system has been running ‘round the clock for a few months now and let’s face it, it could use a rest. One of the top reasons for air conditioner breakdowns during the summer is overuse and the hot weather doesn’t make things any easier. But aside from all that, giving your system a break could also lead to lower energy bills this season.
We know what you’re thinking, “how can I stay cool if I turn my air conditioner off?” Believe it or not, you can keep cool even on the hottest days using the simple steps below:
- Pay close attention to the temperature outside and when it cools down, open up windows and doors. Tip: open windows on opposite sides of the house to create a cross-breeze.
- Fans are your friends. They cost much less to operate than central air systems and they can help make the room you’re in feel cooler rather than chilling the whole house.
- Too much humidity inside the house can make it feel warmer. Run a dehumidifier and keep midday washing (yourself and your clothes) to a minimum.
- Keep the cool air inside. Take a look around your windows and doors and if you notice any gaps or cracks in the caulking, fill them immediately. We also recommend adding weatherstripping to cut back on the transfer of air.
- Keep blinds drawn during the day. This will help keep the sun’s warm rays out and will leave you with a cooler home while the sun’s out.
- Spend more time on the lower levels of your house. Hot air rises and tends to make rooms upstairs warmer than the ones in the basement or on the first floor.
Keep your cooling system operating at peak efficiency and correct problems before they become costly emergencies is to have ABC perform an annual system tune-up and safety inspection. This will help prevent against breakdowns when you least expect it! Call us today at (888) 868-6667 to schedule an appointment and don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–