6 Ways To Stay Cool Without AC
Your home’s cooling system has been running ‘round the clock for a few months now and let’s face it, it could use a rest. One of the top reasons for air conditioner breakdowns during the summer is overuse and the hot weather doesn’t make things any easier. But aside from all that, giving your system a break could also lead to lower energy bills this season.
We know what you’re thinking, “how can I stay cool if I turn my air conditioner off?” Believe it or not, you can keep cool even on the hottest days using the simple steps below:
- Pay close attention to the temperature outside and when it cools down, open up windows and doors. Tip: open windows on opposite sides of the house to create a cross-breeze.
- Fans are your friends. They cost much less to operate than central air systems and they can help make the room you’re in feel cooler rather than chilling the whole house.
- Too much humidity inside the house can make it feel warmer. Run a dehumidifier and keep midday washing (yourself and your clothes) to a minimum.
- Keep the cool air inside. Take a look around your windows and doors and if you notice any gaps or cracks in the caulking, fill them immediately. We also recommend adding weatherstripping to cut back on the transfer of air.
- Keep blinds drawn during the day. This will help keep the sun’s warm rays out and will leave you with a cooler home while the sun’s out.
- Spend more time on the lower levels of your house. Hot air rises and tends to make rooms upstairs warmer than the ones in the basement or on the first floor.
Keep your cooling system operating at peak efficiency and correct problems before they become costly emergencies is to have ABC perform an annual system tune-up and safety inspection. This will help prevent against breakdowns when you least expect it! Call us today at (888) 868-6667 to schedule an appointment and don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–