6 Reasons To Consider Calling an Electrician
If your home was built over 20 years ago, there’s a good chance it may not be up to speed with the latest electrical safety and convenience features. Here are a few things to consider.
1. Frequently tripping breakers. This indicates that circuits are drawing more current than they can safely provide. It can also mean a dangerous electrical fault on one or more circuits.
2. Fading or flickering lights. Does running appliances like an air conditioner or dryer cause the lights to dim or flicker? 220 amp appliances draw a lot of current and should be wired on dedicated circuits. If smaller appliances such as microwaves are causing problems, consider adding a 20-amp line to service for them.
3. Overloaded outlets. If power-strips and plug-in addons are tangling up your outlets, your electrical system is likely working beyond its intended capacity. Adding circuits with duplex receptacles can restore neatness and safety.
4. Not enough outlets. If your home looks has extension wires running under rugs and furniture, your increasing the risk of an electrical fire and accidents. Consider adding more outlets.
5. Get grounded. Many older homes have outlets without three-prong grounded plugs. This is a bigger problem than not being able to plug in an appliance – it could indicate that your electrical wiring system is not fully grounded, and could be a safety problem.
6. Water hazards. Wet locations such as kitchens, baths and laundry rooms require outlets protected by Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters GFCIs. Adding GFCIs will make your home code-compliant-and safer. If you already have GFCIs be sure to test them regularly using the reset buttons.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–