6 Reasons To Consider Calling an Electrician
If your home was built over 20 years ago, there’s a good chance it may not be up to speed with the latest electrical safety and convenience features. Here are a few things to consider.
1. Frequently tripping breakers. This indicates that circuits are drawing more current than they can safely provide. It can also mean a dangerous electrical fault on one or more circuits.
2. Fading or flickering lights. Does running appliances like an air conditioner or dryer cause the lights to dim or flicker? 220 amp appliances draw a lot of current and should be wired on dedicated circuits. If smaller appliances such as microwaves are causing problems, consider adding a 20-amp line to service for them.
3. Overloaded outlets. If power-strips and plug-in addons are tangling up your outlets, your electrical system is likely working beyond its intended capacity. Adding circuits with duplex receptacles can restore neatness and safety.
4. Not enough outlets. If your home looks has extension wires running under rugs and furniture, your increasing the risk of an electrical fire and accidents. Consider adding more outlets.
5. Get grounded. Many older homes have outlets without three-prong grounded plugs. This is a bigger problem than not being able to plug in an appliance – it could indicate that your electrical wiring system is not fully grounded, and could be a safety problem.
6. Water hazards. Wet locations such as kitchens, baths and laundry rooms require outlets protected by Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters GFCIs. Adding GFCIs will make your home code-compliant-and safer. If you already have GFCIs be sure to test them regularly using the reset buttons.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–