6 Common Items That Should Never Get Flushed Down the Toilet.
Many consumer products are labeled as “flushable” while others seem harmless enough, but the reality is many common items can cause a major clog when flushed down the toilet.
- Disposable Wipes – Wipes of all kinds are popular these days. There are floor wipes, leather wipes, wood wipes, baby wipes, and more. While some may say they are flushable, play it safe. Most are not biodegradable and can clog your toilet.
- Feminine Products – Sure, many manufacturers say they are flushable, but many a clogged toilet has been caused by feminine products.
- Cotton Balls, Q-Tips, Paper Towels and Facial Tissue – Unlike toilet paper, these products do not break down readily and should not be flushed down the toilet.
- Prescription Medications — While they are unlikely to cause plumbing problems, prescription medications can end up in the water supply where they can harm the environment.
- Cigarettes — Cigarettes can not only clog a plumbing system, like prescription medications, they are bad for the environment.
- Dental Floss – This stringy material loves to wrap itself up in balls and clog plumbing systems. It’s much safer to just toss it in a waste can.
Have a clogged toilet? Whatever the cause, ABC can help clear the mess, fast!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Jonathan Henrich was very professional and provided expertise background information to my questions when replacing my sump pump and battery backup system. He was obviously knowledgeable about what he was doing and took pride in doing a great job. While the price was more than I expected, the work was…”–
“My experience with ABC was wonderful. The electrician, Bryan, who we worked with was fantastic. I would recommend this company to everyone! Very dependable, professional and friendly.”–
“I recently bought a home. For the first 6 months here I have been experiencing some electric issues. So, just two day ago - I had another shortage. Ryan came out and explained the issues. Im in sales, and he did not try to pressure me into doing the right…”–
“Anthony was my HVAC technician and I could not have had a better experience. He was professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything. I cannot tell you how nice it is to have someone like that to count on for my heating and air conditioning. Great Job Anthony”–
“Your fast, professional handling of the issue was remarkable in today’s business environment. No hassle and solid craftsmanship along with a knowledgeable technician, forces me to call you the next time I require plumbing assistance and makes ABC an easy referral to friends and neighbors. Thank you for your integrity.…”–
“I had a very positive experience with ABC…They even brought over space heaters for us and discounted the price the cost of a replacement part I had purchased two weeks prior. Great customer service.”–