6 Common Items That Should Never Get Flushed Down the Toilet.
Many consumer products are labeled as “flushable” while others seem harmless enough, but the reality is many common items can cause a major clog when flushed down the toilet.
- Disposable Wipes – Wipes of all kinds are popular these days. There are floor wipes, leather wipes, wood wipes, baby wipes, and more. While some may say they are flushable, play it safe. Most are not biodegradable and can clog your toilet.
- Feminine Products – Sure, many manufacturers say they are flushable, but many a clogged toilet has been caused by feminine products.
- Cotton Balls, Q-Tips, Paper Towels and Facial Tissue – Unlike toilet paper, these products do not break down readily and should not be flushed down the toilet.
- Prescription Medications — While they are unlikely to cause plumbing problems, prescription medications can end up in the water supply where they can harm the environment.
- Cigarettes — Cigarettes can not only clog a plumbing system, like prescription medications, they are bad for the environment.
- Dental Floss – This stringy material loves to wrap itself up in balls and clog plumbing systems. It’s much safer to just toss it in a waste can.
Have a clogged toilet? Whatever the cause, ABC can help clear the mess, fast!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–