5 Ways To Save On Heating Costs This Winter
Falling temperatures don’t have to mean rising heating bills. We’ve put together five simple ways to reduce your heating bill and save energy this winter.
1. Instead of using your home’s central heating to heat the whole house all day, use small room heaters to heat just one room at a time. This works well if you spend most of the day in a home office room or in the evening when your in the bedroom.
2. Switch to Energy Star® Appliances. Upgrading your older appliances to Energy Star appliances can save you 15 to 30% during the heating season.
3. Let the sun in. Open your blinds during the day to soak up the natural warmth of the sun. Close them again at night to keep heat in.
4. Use a programmable thermostat. No more forgetting to turn down the heat before you leave during the day or when you go to bed.
5. Replace your furnace filter regularly. Replacing your furnace filter when it’s dirty will allow your furnace to operate more efficiently.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Keith and his crew were top notch. Calm/cool, trustworthy, efficient, respectful, reliable, thorough, communicative and reassuring. And at the end of the day, quality work! For the bigger projects, I feel confident knowing we have a go-to service to call.”–
“ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric are fantastic. I recently used them to replace my sump pump, which had exploded! They were very friendly on the phone and Rick H., our technician was fantastic. He explained things thoroughly, we was efficient and very nice. Will definitely be using him and…”–
“On only a day's notice, Adam came very prepared. He knew immediately what was the issue in each case. He replaced one toilet and repaired another. The bathrooms were left in great order and very clean. I am looking forward to having more work done by Adam and ABC.”–
“ABC was reliable and professional. Mike G was our technician and was a pleasure to work with. Down to earth, no pressure and gave you a straight answer to what you needed. Felt like I got an honest appraisal and was given a great quote. Will be calling them back…”–
“You never know for sure what you'll get when you need a contractor in a pinch. I chose ABC Plumbing out of my 2017 Best Picks Report for contractors because ABC was their top choice. After working them, I will use them again and tell everyone who needs this kind…”–
“EXCELLENT and FAST service provided by ABC plumbing and superb work at our home provided by Tom Glaza. He fielded, diagnosed and fixed all electrical issues. Tom is knowledgeable, friendly, efficient and explains everything in detail to customer so you know what he is fixing and gives accurate up front…”–