5 Ways To Save On Heating Costs This Winter
Falling temperatures don’t have to mean rising heating bills. We’ve put together five simple ways to reduce your heating bill and save energy this winter.
1. Instead of using your home’s central heating to heat the whole house all day, use small room heaters to heat just one room at a time. This works well if you spend most of the day in a home office room or in the evening when your in the bedroom.
2. Switch to Energy Star® Appliances. Upgrading your older appliances to Energy Star appliances can save you 15 to 30% during the heating season.
3. Let the sun in. Open your blinds during the day to soak up the natural warmth of the sun. Close them again at night to keep heat in.
4. Use a programmable thermostat. No more forgetting to turn down the heat before you leave during the day or when you go to bed.
5. Replace your furnace filter regularly. Replacing your furnace filter when it’s dirty will allow your furnace to operate more efficiently.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–