5 Ways To Save On Heating Costs This Winter
Falling temperatures don’t have to mean rising heating bills. We’ve put together five simple ways to reduce your heating bill and save energy this winter.
1. Instead of using your home’s central heating to heat the whole house all day, use small room heaters to heat just one room at a time. This works well if you spend most of the day in a home office room or in the evening when your in the bedroom.
2. Switch to Energy Star® Appliances. Upgrading your older appliances to Energy Star appliances can save you 15 to 30% during the heating season.
3. Let the sun in. Open your blinds during the day to soak up the natural warmth of the sun. Close them again at night to keep heat in.
4. Use a programmable thermostat. No more forgetting to turn down the heat before you leave during the day or when you go to bed.
5. Replace your furnace filter regularly. Replacing your furnace filter when it’s dirty will allow your furnace to operate more efficiently.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–