5 Water Heater Facts
We don’t often think about our home’s water heater, but it’s often the most used appliance in the home. Here are some things you may not know.
- According to the US EPA the average home water heater accounts for 25% of a home’s total energy consumption.
- Most of a home’s water usage comes from taking bathing and laundry.
- Tankless water heaters are on average 22 percent more efficient than older tank style water heaters.
- A typical tank water heater will last around 10 to 13 years. Tankless water heaters can last 15-20 years.
- Routine maintenance is the key to extending the life of your water heater. Draining a tank water heater annually will remove the sediment that can reduce efficiency and shorten the lifespan of the unit.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–