5 Natural Ways to Boost Indoor Air Quality
Did you know that air fresheners and household bathroom sprays may actually be making the air inside your home toxic? Believe it or not, there are lots of items you use in your home on a daily basis that can be detrimental to your health. It’s time to kick them to the curb and start breathing fresher, cleaner air today!
While your house might be filled with harmful airborne pollutants, by making a few simple changes you’ll be well on your way to chemical-free air.
- Keep your HVAC filters clean. Especially now that we are entering the cooling season, it’s vital to clean the filters at least once a month. This will help get rid of pollen, dust and other allergens.
- Get rid of bathroom sprays and synthetic fragrances. Although they may make the air smell good, they’re actually filling it with chemicals. Most household fragrances contain phthalates and other volatile organic chemicals.
- Avoid burning candles made of paraffin wax. Opt for soy candles instead – they burn cleaner and won’t release harmful chemicals.
- Bring a few plants inside. Gerbera daisies, Aloe vera and a number of other succulents can help remove toxins from the air. They can also help brighten up the kitchen, living room or bathroom.
- Air it out. On sunny days where humidity and pollen levels are low, it’s not a bad idea to crack open a few windows to let in some fresh air.
At ABC, our indoor air quality specialists are highly skilled and they understand heating, cooling and ventilation. We don’t just treat the symptoms, we get right to the source by performing an in-depth evaluation of the quality of the air in your home. So relax, and don’t be afraid to take a deep breath. Give us a call us today to learn more!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Have never had such an excellent technician to evaluate our furnace problem. If he hadn't been so thorough, it possibly could have resulted in a carbon monoxide disaster. A true professional!”–
“After a long day on a Friday (first snow of the year - lots of customers without heat), Dion L came to perform routine furnace inspection and filter change. Dion was courteous, efficient, informed us of all that he was doing, showed us an area of concern and how we…”–
“Ron S., fixed an electrical short in the attic, which prevented a fire. He rewired the attic thru the bedroom ceiling light. He replaced an outside electrical connection, and repaired my ceiling fan. The attic wiring was very crazy. He did an outstanding job figuring it out and fixing the…”–
“I called other before I call ABC and was giving long wait and schedule time to come out and check the heating system. So I received a message on the web about ABC Plumbing and Heating. So I called the company right away and they said what time would you…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Paul B. serviced my furnace yesterday with an inspection and cleaning. He didn't stop there though, I had purchased a new filter for my humidifier on the furnace and he replaced that for me, showed me how to do it in the future and explained how to adjust the humidity…”–