5 Natural Ways to Boost Indoor Air Quality
Did you know that air fresheners and household bathroom sprays may actually be making the air inside your home toxic? Believe it or not, there are lots of items you use in your home on a daily basis that can be detrimental to your health. It’s time to kick them to the curb and start breathing fresher, cleaner air today!
While your house might be filled with harmful airborne pollutants, by making a few simple changes you’ll be well on your way to chemical-free air.
- Keep your HVAC filters clean. Especially now that we are entering the cooling season, it’s vital to clean the filters at least once a month. This will help get rid of pollen, dust and other allergens.
- Get rid of bathroom sprays and synthetic fragrances. Although they may make the air smell good, they’re actually filling it with chemicals. Most household fragrances contain phthalates and other volatile organic chemicals.
- Avoid burning candles made of paraffin wax. Opt for soy candles instead – they burn cleaner and won’t release harmful chemicals.
- Bring a few plants inside. Gerbera daisies, Aloe vera and a number of other succulents can help remove toxins from the air. They can also help brighten up the kitchen, living room or bathroom.
- Air it out. On sunny days where humidity and pollen levels are low, it’s not a bad idea to crack open a few windows to let in some fresh air.
At ABC, our indoor air quality specialists are highly skilled and they understand heating, cooling and ventilation. We don’t just treat the symptoms, we get right to the source by performing an in-depth evaluation of the quality of the air in your home. So relax, and don’t be afraid to take a deep breath. Give us a call us today to learn more!
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Heating, Cooling. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–