How to Stay Warm Without Turning Up the Heat
Take advantage of any remaining warm weather we have left this fall, because before we know it winter will be here to stay. And while spending time outside during the winter sounds like a really bad dream to some of us, it’s perfect for cozying up inside. But how can you stay warm without cranking up the heat? The 4 tips below will keep you toasty without spending a dime on energy bills.
- Keep Cool Air Out: still have sheer curtains on your windows? While they may look nice and airy for summer, they’ll let cool air pass through in the winter time if you have drafty windows. Go for heavier options instead and remember to seal off any cracks or gaps around windows and doors.
- Change Your Bedding: it’s just about time to store those silky, lightweight sheets away and break out the heavier cottons and flannels. You may also want to layer a few blankets or switch to a down comforter instead.
- Add An Area Rug: hate the feeling of cold floors on your bare feet? We don’t blame you. And if your feet are cold, chances are the rest of your body will feel cold, too. Adding an area rug to the living room or bedroom is a great way to provide a cozier feel than hardwood floors.
- Keep The Oven Door Open After Cooking: using the oven to cook a delicious meal for your family? Leave the door cracked open when you’re finished cooking to let the warm out into your living spaces.
Need your home’s heating system serviced? Give the experts at ABC a call today! Keeping it working smoothly is a top priority for our crew this fall and winter.
Neighbors Are Saying About ABC
“Tom was awesome! He is very personable and explains the whole process well. He did a great job and ensured that he used 5-star service throughout the process. I will definitely use ABC and Tom again in the future for electrical work.”–
“Bill showed up on time to repair our broken air conditioner. ABC kept in touch throughout the day to let me know time he would be arriving too. Bill was professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We wound up signing up for monthly care package because Bill and ABC really made…”–
“We were very pleased with the service performed by Brett Pack in performing the annual maintenance of our air conditioning unit. He noted it was low on refrigerant, which he then added after consulting with us. He also made sure we took advantage of all available discounts.”–
“Tom did a super job fixing our electrical problem. He is one of the best electricians I have ever had in my home for repair work. I would highly recommend Tom and ABC Company if you need any type of electrical work. He took his time and explained everything and…”–
“I am so impressed with Chris and ABC Plumbing, Sewer, Heating, Cooling and Electric. His friendliness honest approach to his Job is remarkable. Thanks Chris for making my day and believing that they are still great honorable people out there.”–
“Our AC was not working in the 90-degree summer heat. Josh identified that power was not going to the furnace blower. He identified that power was not going to the furnace breaker. His keen eye spotted that the wire leading into the breaker had frayed. He cut out the frayed…”–
- satisfaction guaranteed
- customer service guarantee
- "no surprises" guarantee
- no-nonsense parts & labor warranty See More +
Our AC Guarantees
- equipment size guarantee
- lifetime installation materials warranty
- AC "level for life" warranty
- the exclusive "no-lemon" guarantee See More +